Alcoa (aa)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Nugget, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Not a good buy here IMO. Alcoa has a cyclical earnings cycle and the next quarter is projected downward.
    Same for rev. Watch those estimates drop.

Reasons why to buy?
    http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070709/alcoa_results.html?.v=5

"I would think the shares are going to continue to rise on two things, not necessarily due to earnings," he said. "One is the possible buyout of Alcan and the second is that somebody may be buying Alcoa. That is what is pushing this stock up.""

Kind of ridiculous that all these stocks nowadays are moving up on buyout "rumors." Clowns are adding unnecessary volatility to stocks.
    Uh, we are going to project lower earnings and revenue estimates, but raise price targets due to possible buyout.

#31     Jul 9, 2007
  2. What industry are you talking about dumbo? :D

Please, a detail explanation is needed. :p

#32     Jul 9, 2007
  3. Does it matter what industry? A PE of 17 is low.

#33     Jul 9, 2007
  4. Its not worth responding to SiSe, when your dumb enough to short the market and buy gold stocks because you read about LTCM, well that should say enough.

#34     Jul 9, 2007
  5. I didn't buy gold stocks because of LTCM at all...I bought them because they're great small companies. I invest in small companies that are growing. Amazing that you can't understand that simple concept. :eek: I was short the market with maybe 5% of my capital, totally disposable money. You should have used "you're" you dumb shit...you can't even use a simple two word contraction. :p

stock_turder, 17X PE is really high for some industries...there is no blanket PE that is low or high. Your statement is moronic at best, and about on par for other comments you make. :D

#35     Jul 9, 2007
  6. You have got to be the most annoying little chatter box thats ever shown up here.

Always correcting someone on their grammar or proper word use, get lost you worm.

#36     Jul 9, 2007
  7. Is that all you have? You have me pegged as a bad person for knowing grammar? Oh no, not that old enemy of you and your white trash family, the GRAMMAR!! :eek:

It's only because of welfare checks that you're still in the markets you turd. :p

Your account probably has less than $10k in it and half of that is probably collateralized with your mobile home huh homey? :D :confused:

#37     Jul 9, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Surprised to see AA earnings, nothing great. Thought they would really show some nice numbers. Analysts bring down the estimates minutes before they announce. HMMMMMMMM......

#38     Jul 9, 2007
  9. inflation? 3rd world dollar? I thought stocks only went up. You mean I can lose money buying stocks? Huh, who knew?

#39     Jul 10, 2007
  10. Anyone still short or have puts. Might be time to execute them.

#40     Aug 9, 2007