Alcatel-Lucent, is there and basis for the gain?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BA736, Aug 7, 2009.

1. BA736

BA736

I bought ALU a couple weeks back because the nasdaq was in such a rally mode and it was on an ML AM call update. I am up 34% in just a few weeks. I have been very busy and have not been able to do any looking into it. Does anyone know what's driving this run up?

I want to take some money off the table but my main question is, is it index funds/tech etf's pilling money into it or is it something to do with them working with businesses to cut costs.

I'm a little heavy cash right now until I can get a feel on whats on the horizon. I don't see much good news for the next two weeks after this job data. If anyone has any insight on ALU itd be much appreciated.

On a completly seperate note, Blackstone has been kind of off the radar in the public media for a while until that 16% rise the other day. Are they benefiting/refinancing with cheaper debt. They made a lot of aquisitions and went public right at the top. If I remember they IPO's at like 19. Schwarzman is a smart guy but does he have a long term edge?

Thanks guys