alaron/J-trader

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Yosemite, Mar 2, 2004.

1. cosmic

cosmic

Hi,

also asked this in another thread...

Can anyone directly compare TWS & JTrader? Would be interesting to opinions about stability & speed of order entry...

TIA,
    cosmic

#11     Mar 3, 2004
  2. Alaron also offers SR for trading. I might get $4.0 RT from them for eminis (which includes $0.5 RT for SR) which is not that bad, but I don't know how good SR is. Seems slower than Ninja Trader, for instance. I am testing it in a demo mode right now.

Any opinions on SR would be appreciated, particularly from those who used in on Alaron/Flushfutures servers.

BTW, a rumor has it that NT is going to introduce NT for JTrader. I don't know if this is such a good idea in the light of the rather lousy performance of JTrader as reported in this thread. Do you guys think that NT might help JT become a better platform?

#12     Jun 4, 2004
  3. Could you tell us more about RTS?

I use both TWS and J-trader. Sometimes my order in TWS can get filled but the same one in J-trader can't. The next version of J-trader called TradeMark is likely to be available in the second half of this year, according to PATS. Hope that can fix the problem.
    For other platforms like Ecry, I am a little doubtful if they cannot gain enough market share like TWS or J-trader.

#13     Jun 4, 2004
  4. Sounds like the server you were using was over loaded by the clearing firm. I've had very good luck using the J-Trader platform.

#14     Jun 4, 2004
  5. JayS

JayS

Just so everyone knows we offer the following at Alaron:

- J-Trader
    - Strategy Runner
    - Alaronline
    - Futures Dynamics Crossfire
    - FFast Fills FFastnet Browser
    - X_Trader

Thanks,
    Jay

#15     Jun 4, 2004
  6. Open E-cry is an FCM
    J-Trader is a 3rd party platform
    TWS is IB's Platform

To talk about market share is not really the issue for Open E-Cry. You can get Jtrader at their place too.

If you want reliability, then re-consider IB.

TWS and J-Trader are Java Platforms.

Open E-Cry and TT's X-Trader are in the same class IMHO.

Michael B.

#16     Jun 4, 2004