Alaron could be forced to involuntary BK?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by agtrader, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Wow, thats some lawsuit! Can't say I didnt see this coming months ago. It's probably for the best

#11     Aug 1, 2009
  2. agtrader

agtrader

here is the link to the document

#12     Aug 1, 2009
  3. this is a document, and is easily faked. Where is the link to the story on a semi-reputable news site?

#13     Aug 1, 2009
  4. agtrader

agtrader

this is a PDF, you can also look it up on the court docket.
    it is a public document.
    there is no link. this is what is filed.

#14     Aug 1, 2009
  5. rcj

rcj

No links? Then how did you come by this doc? You must have
    had physical access somewhere along the line.

#15     Aug 2, 2009
  6. precisely. I doubt this person walked into court and happened to xerox this document. It came from SOME website, somewhere.

Given so many fakes among this kind of news, without a link, this is not credulous, unless we can self-verify.

Not saying it is wrong, but cannot believe Alaron is in this situation and the news sources did not pick it up. I did a quick search and came up dry on Google news and googling the web.

#16     Aug 2, 2009
  7. Try again.

"(Crain’s) — A group of Alaron Trading Co. creditors are trying to force the Chicago-based futures broker into bankruptcy protection, saying they are owed more than $5 million.

Alan Freeman, a broker from Chicago; Barry Hirsch, a broker from Northbrook, and Bruce Freeman, a broker in Scottsdale, Ariz., jointly filed an involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition against Alaron on Friday in federal court in Chicago.

Alan Freeman says he’s owned $4.3 million; Mr. Hirsch claims $848,000 is due to him, and Bruce Freeman says he’s owed $302,000. In addition, Barry Hirsch joined with Mark Hirsch, who shares an address in Northbrook with Barry, in claiming a debt of $123,000. "

#17     Aug 3, 2009
  8. Good thing you didnt say it "was" wrong LOL

Here you go... On Crains... Of course Crains have been hypnotised so I still cannot verify this is correct. :0

Sorry Trader Zones but I caught too much grief when I brought this up months ago, its time for everyone else to eat a little crow.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=34992

#18     Aug 3, 2009
  9. agtrader

agtrader

its there, its a fact. forget where it came from. crain is reporting it.
    rumor is the owners of alaron, the Greenbergs all chose to go on vacation.
    coincidence or not?

#19     Aug 4, 2009