Alan Greenspan hidden thought about Gold :)

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by harrytrader, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Quote from Alan Greenspan
    http://centre.telemanage.ca/quotes.nsf/quotes/9bcd2fe4cb0e9cb98525687a00761cb8

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

By: Alan Greenspan (click for more quotes by Alan Greenspan or books by/about Alan Greenspan)
    Source: from the book "Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal"
    by Ayn Rand with additional articles by Alan Greenspan - 1967
    Courtesy of: https://centre.telemanage.ca/links.nsf/articles/18DA9C67E95376E1852568E1004D1F55
    Keywords: Gold; Fed
    Categories: Economics, Fed, Freedom, Money, Sovereignty, Tyranny, Liberty, Capitalism

2. Since they have coopted him or he has been cloned by Rael :D

3. Do you understand why he says "Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth." ? I mean do you know the concrete mecanism to do that ? If not so you don't understand economy but make the effort you will arrive one day or another :p

4. Sorry but I didn't see it and it's a forum the same subject can come several times from different persons but not with the same perspective. My perspective is always to understand the mechanism. So can you explain me how you understand the mechanism underlying his affirmation. I would like to see how and how many of you try to grasp details and not just opinions.

5. I'm sorry harry, that was mean of me.

please continue with your discussion. :)

6. Well perhaps the other then. I will also ask on chichat.

7. Yes, Please continue having a discussion with yourself.

I can suggest that thorazine may relieve some of this tendency.

8. From a french pjilosopher :)

The most subtle lunacy comes out of the most subtle wisdom.

Michel de MONTAIGNE, Essais, II, 12

9. my thoughts exactly...

10. harry you idiot, here is the post you lost

#10     Feb 7, 2003