Alan Farley's website

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Pound, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Simba

Simba

Thank you Nitro and Richtrader, for finally someone saying that.

I DO believe that this guy is sincere, super competent and "the real thing", but I read his book, and it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe it's just too advanced for me.

Perhaps Alan Farley could publish a Cliff Note version, or "The Master Swing Trader for DUMMIES"!!!

:cool:

#11     Nov 24, 2002
  2. His style is not COMPLETELY unreadable (unless you're an idiot) but in that book he is verbose and redundant and annoying. But the book is not "completely unreadable" by any stretch and it's chock full of good info.

#12     Nov 25, 2002
  3. You knows at first, I has this book during nearly one year and I did not touch it.. I was not really impressed. adn then one day I decided to give it a real try and read at least 20 pages and then I realized that this guy really wrote a masterpiece..

I certainly read all the main books written on trading and none really impressed me except this one and the book written by Constance Brown which is a little outdated...

Sincerely I appreciate this guy a lot since he really gave a lot of his secrets in this book...

Moreover all the book is limpid for me and cannot and should not be summed up.

#13     Nov 25, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Well, I don't know about richtrader and simba, but this completely clarifies why I thought this book could have been written in ten pages...Come to think of it, three pages would probably have sufficed...

nitro

#14     Nov 25, 2002
  5. No way nitro.. THREE pages?? Get off it. That's rude.

#15     Nov 25, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

One page?

nitro :confused:

#16     Nov 25, 2002
  7. K.C.

K.C.

He is an astrologer if I remember correctly. He used to give astrology lessons years ago. Any good astrology lessons on his site?

K.C.

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. a phrase i read somewhere on ET nicely sums up farley's book: superfluous syllables.

at the end of the day the info is solid and useful, but just who the hell was he trying to impress with that tiresome verbosity? he certainly fell flat on his face there...

i say 20 pages could have done the trick

as for the website, i'll have to check it out. sounds like there might be a couple of nuggets there...

#18     Nov 25, 2002
  9. Yeah but nitro, you're a programmer in your previous life! Everything to you should be boiled down to 3-4 pages tops. You know, the less code you have, the fewer bugs....

:)

#19     Nov 25, 2002
  10. Could have been 10 pages.

Get two birds with one stone. It's a good study book;pays to study and + you get paid by the word.:cool:

#20     Nov 25, 2002