Alan Farley in Dallas at AfTA on 4/19/11

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Joe Doaks, Feb 9, 2011.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

2. A number of years ago, I bought the audio version of his book because it was in cassette form and selling for only $5. The tapes are 4.5 hours long, so it is only an abridged audio version. Even so, despite repeated efforts, I could never get through it. I started listening to it on more than one occasion with the very best of intentions. However, within mere minutes my eyes glazed over. I can't be certain, because my recollections are vague, but I think my breathing may have actually stopped on a number of occasions for inordinately long periods of time. I don't think I will attempt any future forays into his material. That stuff is dangerous.

#12     Mar 4, 2011
  3. Did it ever occur to you that Alan is smarter than you are?

#13     Mar 4, 2011
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Thanks AC for the link...

I did do a seach on yahoo, didn't find a thing - must be some super secret society... :eek:

RN

#14     Mar 4, 2011
  5. #15     Mar 4, 2011
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

they both give trading seminare.

#16     Mar 5, 2011
  7. Lots of people are smarter than I am, so what makes Alan so special? Since you and your colleagues have gotten so much out of his book, tell me one thing you learned from him that you didn't know before you read the book. Serious question.

#17     Mar 5, 2011
  8. Yeah, a bunch weirdos in person. Investors, mostly, but some active traders. I belonged for a few years, back when they had some real characters as guests, like Ruth Barrons Roosevelt.

#18     Mar 5, 2011
  9. Serious answer. I learned to look for ridiculous setups. Through three readings, I highlighted some gem of wisdom on almost every page, like this one:

"When S/R methods intersect, they signal cross-verification and odds increase that the predicted trading event will occur." One of my chart panes is devoted to that concept. It has over 30 likely S/R levels and alerts me when they either agree or disagree.

Unlike many self-proclaimed trading experts, Alan actually trades. And that fact informs all of his many ideas, as you can see from the profusion of illustrative charts in the book.

#19     Mar 5, 2011
  10. Thanks for the response.

"When S/R methods intersect?" Methods as in the plural? Perhaps I am dim this evening more so than usual, but I would think that S/R either is or isn't. To me, variation would be in the number of reference points comprising S/R, or perhaps the different time frames to give it more contextual perspective. But "methods?" Could you please elaborate a bit so that I can better understand your response in at least general terms.

#20     Mar 5, 2011