Alabama

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cashmoney69, Mar 2, 2006.

1. I act like I know what I am talking about. I don't really. Years ago I had a large search firm. In that business you learn about all the cities, pros and cons. You learn it because you are pulling people out of cities and moving them to other cities. You just learn what the various cities are like.

For a young girl in your early twenties then I really think Atlanta would be it for you. Assuming you like to go out and meet people and have fun etc. I first moved there when I was in my early twenties. It is a great party town. Tons of young people. Tons of jobs. Close to mountains, 6 hours to Florida panhandle. Atlanta has its bohemian parts, its yuppie parts, its old south parts. If I move back there I will probably live in Dunwoody where I use to live. I would consider though living in Dawsonville which is about 80 miles north of downtown. That is still semi rural but growing quickly. You are in the foothills of the applachian mountains. Really pretty.

It has gotten big now though. Close to 5 million people. If you don't like big cities then it may be too much for you.

I just say Tampa because not as many yankees from nyc live there as they do in south florida. Also do not have the cubans like south florida does. I have known people who have lived in Tampa and I have never met anyone who did not like it. I just don't like hot weather and Florida is hot hot hot. Plus the storms.

My brother lives in Panama City and I grew up going there on the weekends. It is nice area but problem is the real estate has not busted yet and is very expensive for what you get. Which is nothing but the ocean.

I have never lived in TN but Nashville may be an idea. Asheville NC may be work checking out.

I like Dallas Tx a lot. But it is hot as hell and far from the ocean. Dallas is cool city. Super progressive. A lot of new stuff comes out of Dallas.

John

#21     Mar 12, 2006
  2. i live in Charlotte, my brother lives in Atlanta, . Charlotte is smallish and does have a bit of that mainstreet thing going now, I enjoy it overall, but, In your shoes I would go to Atlanta. I just got back from a great weekend there. pay enough$ and you can live in a nice area or urban spot w/ plenty going on. I am personlaly considering moving there. I know a single girl TN in her twenties, she hates it, too inland and culturally very southern, boring, family town, etc.

I have yet to make it too Tampa, but I hear good things.

#22     Mar 13, 2006
  3. #23     Mar 13, 2006
  4. It's going to get really hot in a couple years with Shula there! Plus I have gotten to sort of like Auburn too. So football is going to get a lot better down there. I know that is hard to understand. Maybe this stock market has corrupted my brain!

John

#24     Mar 13, 2006
  5. Star

Star

lol John..You do know what you're talking about and you have taken the time out to make some very good informative posts about different areas...
    Thank you!

#25     Mar 14, 2006
  6. Star

Star

I hope to take a driving trip this spring which really is right around the corner :)

For sure will try to get to the Atlanta area and mo-z around some and then down to Florida where I have a couple of friends...

How far driving distance is Atlanta from the ocean? And where do the Atlanta people go swimming, besides swimming pools? Lakes??

#26     Mar 14, 2006
  7. Star

Star

#27     Mar 14, 2006
  8. Chood

Chood

Ah, the loveliest village. But I didn't know the worldwide web had gotten there yet.

#28     Mar 15, 2006
  9. 6-7 hours from the Gulf. There are two lakes in the immediate area. Lake Lanier which is a big power company lake. Actually you could live on it if you wanted to pay the price for a house on it. The other is Lake Altoona(sp) which is much smaller and to the northwest. Also Lake Hartwell about 100 miles northeast on the South Carolina border. Georgia Atlantic coast isn't that great but it is about 6 hours away.

Atlanta has tons of of cement ponds I hope you know. Yankees showed us how to build em'.

John

#29     Mar 15, 2006