Alabama pastor holds ‘whites only’ conference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 5, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/alabama-pastor-hold-whites-only-conference-162845760.html

Alabama pastor holds ‘whites only’ conference

A controversial pastor's conference welcoming only "white Christians" is underway in Lamar County, Ala., upsetting residents of the nearby town of Winfield in the western part of the state.

Christian Identity Ministries is holding a three-day conference for so-called "white Christians" who contend they have been treated unfairly, the Rev. Mel Lewis told local TV station WSFA. Lewis, the organizer and keynote speaker, says they have the right, like any other Americans, to worship how they wish.

Ku Klux Klan flags and white supremacy slogans surround the conference, which will conclude with a cross being set on fire Friday night. Organizers say it's not a cross-burning, but rather sacred Christian cross lighting.

"We are not breaking any laws. We're not violating any ordinances. We're bringing the Word of God to people who want it, obviously, or they wouldn't be here," Lewis told the TV station.

Lewis said of the conference-goers: "They are part of the chosen race."

The mayor of nearby Winfield said residents are upset, and the event does not represent their town in any way.

"Business people are upset. The city is upset. The city of Winfield does not condone this," Winfield Mayor Wayne Silas told another local TV station, WECT.

"It's surprising to see something like that in our town," said Tyler Cantrell. "I know it's been here in the past."

Organizers say their ministry is not a hate group and that although there is a strong KKK presence, the Klan did not sponsor the event.

2. I wonder who these guys are supporting ,Romney or Obama :confused:

3. Are there two of you? You have a habit of responding to your own posts, like a minute afterwards. At least your multiples seem to be in agreement.:eek:

4. Those aer some crazy and wild Christians, they crack me up.
    Go Jesus ... KKK all the way.

5. Probably neither. They don't consider Romney to be a Christian.

6. Ricter

Ricter

His pattern is to post the material, and then post his opinion (or a hook) on it.

7. Thanks Ricter,I thought that was clear to most

I also thought it was clear to most that a judge would deny or change the terms of bond after he catches a defendant lying and trying to hide a passport and 130,000

8. Changing the terms must still be within the rights of the accused. The fact that he can be monitored and now has no passport makes the million dollar bail excessive.
    And a little tip, you can post the article and your opinion all in the same post. We'll manage to distinguish between the two.:p

9. wildchild

wildchild

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jdmaYeWfmGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Ricter

Ricter

What if they have "tanorexia", can they attend the conference? DNA test?

#10     Jul 5, 2012