Al Queda plan : "attacking the heart : world, money"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by harrytrader, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Below is a copy of a post I received by email from the longwave mailing list:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following interview was conducted by a reporter for the : Al-Jazeera
    network with the third-in-command of the Al Queda organization, Mr.
    Mohammed Al-Asuquf. Al-Asuquf's background is impressive; a doctorate in
    physics and masters in international economics.

In the interview, he talks of Al Queda's plans with total detachment, with
    deep knowledge and an unshakeable commitment to his cause. This interview
    was sent to Abel-Bari Atwan, chief editor of Al Quds, an Arabic-language
    newspaper published in London, but was
    never printed, due to its highly revealing [inflammatory?] contents.
    A copy of the interview came to Foz-do-Iguaçu, and was translated into
    Portuguese by a university professor in the city's Arab community. This is
    probably the only existing version of this interview not in Arabic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Al-Jazeera: How does Al Queda intend to destroy the most powerful nation in
    history?
    Al-Asuquf: It's a question of logistics. Using its own poison, that is,
    attacking the heart of what they consider the most important thing in the
    world, money.

Al-Jazeera: How so?
    Al-Asuquf: The American economy is an economy of false appearances.There is
    no real economic ballast to the American economy. The American GDP of is
    something around $10 trillion, of which just 1 percent represents
    agriculture, and just 24 percent represents industry. Therefore, 75 percent
    of the American GDP is service and most of this is financial speculation.
    For those who understand economics, and it appears that the American
    Secretary of the Treasury, Paul O'Neil, doesn't, or doesn't see it, it's
    enough to say that the USA acts like a huge "dot-com," and dollars, strictly
    speaking, are its shares.

Al-Jazeera: Can you explain that?
    Al-Asuquf: The value of a company's shares is directly proportional to the
    profitability of the enterprise. When a business is just a service
    provider,and doesn't produce any durable goods, the value of its shares
    depends on its credibility. Which is to say that if the credibility of the
    USA were shaken, its shares (the dollar) would fall with incredible
    rapidity and the entire American economy would begin to collapse.

Al-Jazeera: How can you be so sure of this?
    Al-Asuquf: On a smaller scale, it's exactly what large financial groups do
    to the countries of the third world to reap profits in one month that Swiss
    banks couldn't get in four or five years.

Al-Jazeera: So how will Al Queda shock the American economy to this point?
    Al-Asuquf: By provoking a deficit of between $50 and $70 trillion dollars,
    the equivalent of the United States' GDP for five to seven years.

2. There is now an explicit claim. When I said that this is a sure plan for terrorists a few months ago people said it was pure plot theory.

3. Not apparently as impressive as taking a first year freshman macro-economic course and learning that half of what he says is pure bullshit.

They already tried that. They destroyed two of our biggest symbolic financial centers, yet we're still pushing forward. I donated $20 towards the Red Cross and another $50 towards various other organizations. Does this guy realize how quickly Americans are willing to give whatever they can when the time is necessary?

This is misleading, although his breakdown is more-or-less correct, his conclusion is wrong. The 2001 estimated GDP for the United States (purchasing power parity) was $10.082 trillion dollars. Of this, agriculture accounted for 2%, industry 18% and services 80%.

However, where in the world does he come up with the fact that 75% of the service industry is directly related to financial services? This is, in less academic words, pure horseshit pulled out of his ass.

Perhaps he might want to check the GDP breakdown of many other European countries. Using his analysis, the United States, along with Europe and parts of Asia are all doomed to financial collapse while the Middle Eastern world just happens to be the future economic powerhouse of the world?

Give me a break.

And just how would this process unfold? Please detail this for all of us who are not as enlightened as you to be able to draw wild conclusions. A service provider may not provide a tangible product, but there is far more that must be taken into consideration when evaluating the service sector than just "hearsay credibility."

Again, where are the examples?

If worse comes to worse, we can spend 1/1000th of that and wipe out every middle eastern country that so much as flinches with that kind of plan.

If you want to destroy us, be prepared for a swift and devastating ass-kicking of proportions that you could not fathom in your deepest nightmares.

4. They tried ? They just didn't try and It was just a demonstration of their forces as he said in fact also. I didn't even post the whole interview because it's too horrible to learn what they intend to use.

As I said some of you live on the moon you don't see what financial world do to other countries. You are not responsible because as I said it is the system, but you should open your eyes sometimes.

5. I'm a big boy -- post it. This is just the use of fear tactics. Fear is the single most devastating thing. Fear gets people running around unsure of the future or what will happen next.

I used to be from the school of thought of thinking, "What do the terrorists really want?" Well, if they want to spell it out in clear concise NON-RELIGIOUS ontological psychobabble, then let's look at the situation logically.

If, however, they want to use fear and devise plans to bring the demise of the United States, then I don't want to rationalize with animals -- we'll just eliminate the threat.

Make no mistake about it, if the United States were to fall, the rest of the world would have devastation. This isn't like the 19'th century where countries had very independent economies -- this is a global economic structure.

So, if this professor, along with his walking swiss-watch suicide bombers and fanatic Jihad-touting religious extremists want to discuss what is on their mind, then say it. Is it the oil? Is it our troops in Saudi Arabia? Have them publish a list of greivances and we'll talk.

However, from the sound of these really lunatic soul-soldiers, it sounds like the only thing they want is to bring a final end to economies as we know them.

6. We have a french expression: "faire l'autruche" I don't know the equivalent in english but it means go on doing things as if nothing has happened.

You speak about fear tactics as if 11st September has never happened. In fact 11st September has happened because developped countries only considered that threats were just tactics. You think that these terrorists don't have the power to do that ? You think that terrorists are isolated from the rest of rich people ? Well It would be too long to expose all the facts (I don't talk about opinion I try to never have one) but I will gather them one day.

If one hasn't pretend that it was just tactics of fear before 11st September perharps it wouldn't happen.

7. KK70

KK70

8. Now this can be an hoax that's why I cite the source. But even in that case the possibility is real. Terrorists have now many connection with financial world. For example in ex-BCCI which was the terrorist bank, people like James baker who has been an employee in BCCI, have now transited to Karlyle Group. And guess who was the main stock holders of Karlyle ? Ben Laden family. And guess who took control of the french press Figaro after they revealed that Ben Laden has been seen with a CIA agent ? Karlyle Group. What's the domains of Karlyle group : Defense and Medias.

After 11st September Ben Laden family is said to be out. Hahaha do you see main stock holders retire like that ? Did they offfer their stocks to the poors :)

p.s.: in general if something must be censored and that it is declared a hoax how can you know that a hoax is not a hoax :)

For example someone alerted of a terrorist attack before 11st september. In fact it is the same person that alert of the Okhlohama attack a few years ago. This person has been arrested by the government the first time. And today government has ceised his publication. He affirms to be a medium. I don't believe in medium so it is strange that governement attacks him.

9. hotrod

hotrod

I have been reading the posts on this website for a few months now i havn't posted before has i am relatively new to trading and dont feel i have enough experiance to offer any advice ect, when there are more knowledgeable and experianced traders than i , but would like to thank the majority of posters who write imformative interesting and helpful topics i have learnt a great deal from so many posts thankyou, And a big thankyou especially to "Harrytrader" i have made loads of money by ignoring or doing the comlete opposite of any imfomation you have ever posted either here or on your website just where do you get all this crap from your posts are utter bo l cks.

10. It's funny I didn't post much trading information here since It is forbidden. As for my site there is no posting at all : I just post on my mailing. So ... but if I have ever been useful to you well you're welcome :)

#10     Jan 5, 2003