al-Qaida behind Madrid attack?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 11, 2004.

1. The Bush re-election campaign gets a big boost with every act of terrorism that doesn't happen in America.

It keeps the fear alive, without placing blame for his failures in the war on terrorism.

Bush needs the fear of terrorism alive to be re-elected and advance his agenda, and as long as the acts don't happen here, he benefits greatly.

Who really knows who is behind these acts of terrorism?

I do know that the detainees in Cuba didn't do it. I do know Saddam didn't do it. I do know that Saddam's sons didn't do it.

If there was no threat of terrorism, Bush would only have his record on the economy to run on....and he would lose in a landslide.

#51     Mar 13, 2004
  2. more great intel- i never saw anyone produce evidence or even question it of Saddam giving 25k to suicide bomber families

#52     Mar 13, 2004
  3. i doubt Saddams navy was going to land on the US mainland and over run us.

i doubt the MFN (Muslim Fundamentalist Navy) is going to land on the US mainland and over run us.

while we need to deal with terrorists - we also need to deal with not making them. this means questioning foreign policy. this is another fine line the coproration bought and moved to far infavor of $$$$ for themselves.

#53     Mar 13, 2004
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Certainly terrorism is a bull item for Bush. So what? Joblessness is a bull item for Democrats. Bush never hinted that the removal of Saddam would eradicate terror. Just one of many steps that must be taken. Argument's that the war on Islamic fundamentalism should not be the Admin's highest priority are spurious.

#54     Mar 13, 2004
  5. Got any idea of what percentage of the military over in just Iraq is made up of National Guard and Reserves?

Last time I checked, the United States had about 130,000 troops in Iraq, and atleast 20,000 of them were National Guard or Reserves.

If you don't think that our Military isn't even the slightest bit "overextended" as you say . . . I've got a bridge that I would love to sell you!

#55     Mar 13, 2004
  6. This is why it is a relative certainty that Bush will re-establish the draft if re-elected.

I don't know why the Democrats aren't focusing more on this.

#56     Mar 13, 2004
  7. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Cdbern:

Sure, I've heard that. Also heard of an even greater number that were over run when they failed to be prepared or recognize the enemy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Fxtrading:

I doubt Saddams Navy ws going to land on the US mainland and over run us . . . I doubt the MFN ( Muslim Fundamentalist Navy ) is going to land on the US mainland and over run us.

And don't forget that elite Iraqi Air Force, too!
    Come on CD, that has to be one of your worst posts yet, right up there with some of your other "rubbish".

:D

#57     Mar 13, 2004
  8. cdbern

cdbern

Waggie, you have a serious problem dude.

#58     Mar 13, 2004
  9. Atleast I have never "pissed" all over a highly decorated veteran of the Vietname War . . .

Get Real.

#59     Mar 13, 2004
  10. cdbern

cdbern

You're right Waggie, YOU never did. Get upset with me for "pissing " all over Kerry, then maybe you can get an idea of how vets and their families feel about HIM "pissing" all over THEM.

#60     Mar 13, 2004