al-Qaida behind Madrid attack?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Exactly, Clinton is gone, and so shoudl Bush be gone.

Bush had his chance, he fucked up.

Time for a change in leadership.

#31     Mar 11, 2004
  2. Remember, we're talking about WAR here, if we are going to win, we have to be serious.

There's no crying in baseball. :D

#32     Mar 11, 2004
  3. ___________________________________________

How many attacks have there been on our soil or embassies or military or other interests since 9/11 and how many before?

#33     Mar 11, 2004
  4. ________________________________________

I agree and this was almost exactly the same argument back in the Viet Nam days, only this time we better get it right. There might not be a graceful pullout.

#34     Mar 11, 2004
  5. maybe the US (and its allies) should stay out of nation building. i doubt the seeds of hate sprung from our 'lifestyle'. if i grew up in Iraq my grandparents would have memories of British rule and subjectgation by force (machines guns, mustard gas,etc.). my parents and history class would teach me of how the US, Brits and French took 2/3 oil in partnership deals, installed puppet kings, etc. but this time our intentions are different and they should like us....

but we wouldnt be in this situation if we just let the mililtary loose on the world? damn dude where did all these guys get weapons, training?

i agree we now need to take it to the terrorists but we also do not need to create new terrorist along the way that our children will have to deal with.

#35     Mar 11, 2004
  6. "How many attacks have there been on our soil or embassies or military or other interests since 9/11 and how many before?"

Here's a better question:

How many of the attacks that you speak of above have occured under CIA Director George Tenet's watch?

Answer: ALL of THEM!

:(

#36     Mar 11, 2004
  7. I guess you have never heard that all great Empires have come to an end when they have overextended themselves and gotten involved in Nation-Building, eh?

Very thoughtful post, FXtrading.

#37     Mar 11, 2004
  8. cable

cable

America doesn't use the same date naming system as the rest of the world. It would be more meaningful for the guys in Saudi Arabia--oh, sorry, Afghanistan, to have attacked Spain 119 days after 11 September. Because they'd probably note it as 11-9-2001, not 9-11-2001.

Not to draw flames, but I know my buds overseas all use a different date naming convention than us...

Although the massive amount of US media specials that splashed "9-11" in big red, white and blue logos definitely made an impression.

#38     Mar 11, 2004
  9. Good point about the "dating" and the calender.
    Very interesting.

#39     Mar 11, 2004

10. Aren't you the computer programmer. Can't you figger that out?

#40     Mar 11, 2004