Al Qaeda Terror Plot - Reason for Late Day Selloff

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tide31, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Tide31

Tide31

Bob, 9/11 . . . that was nothing. I had a full pad on
    Monday morning Oct. 19th . . . . . . 1987, - that was a selloff. But still, when my JPM went from 33.35 to 32.70 in minutes because of some camel jockey sabre rattling, it urks me. Cheers, Tide.

#11     Jul 7, 2009
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Actually, the cause of the selloff was.....Wait a second.....
    Good grief! UFOs are landing all over my city.

But, don't bother looking on CNN, FOX, or MSNBC. They probably won't have this story either. Look to ET first for all the major developing stories.:p

#12     Jul 8, 2009
  3. Tide31

Tide31

Oh great, now we got a guy from Bear Stearns Asset Management chiming in. You're not too busy now either I guess. I heard that the UFO's just hit in Islamabad, good grief! Golly gee . . .

#13     Jul 8, 2009
  4. This is too funny, as soon as the market drops a couple of % points, the usual fear mongering people appear on the scene...

Ask me in December 2010 about the cheapness of valuations and stocks and remember me of his purported "threat".

There are fund managers out there more then lucky that markets gives them a chance to jump on the bandwagon.

:cool:

#14     Jul 8, 2009
  5. Had the market truly reacted to what DEBKA is warning about, you wouldve seen it talked about on the major news and business/finance networks.........and as we all know...IT DIDNT HAPPEN !

Leave it to some bozo on here who thinks hes some market analyst....

With plenty of other ppl like him on here, we should start calling this site.......delusionaltrader.com :D

#15     Jul 8, 2009
  6. Tide31

Tide31

Here's another guy, joined last week . . . No idea what moves markets, knows only what he reads in the Daily News or some other liberal rag or if Cramer tells him its so. Am I delusional for reporting what traders were pointing to as they sold into a selloff. Maybe it would intrigue you more if we called it miamigaytravel.com?

#16     Jul 8, 2009
  7. gkishot

gkishot

What's wrong with their credibility and the article in particular?

#17     Jul 8, 2009
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I never flame (usually), but go lay down!

#18     Jul 8, 2009
  9. Weren't they the outfit that claimed to have actual geographical coordinates to all the WMDs? The WMDs that turned out to not exist at all?

Didn't they report that Iraq's army had invaded Jordan - while the US was marching into Baghdad?

They're an entertaining read, and a unique perspective, but their credibility is on the same level as Geraldo's.

#19     Jul 8, 2009
  10. The market fell after interest rates spiked higher.

Interest rates would not have spiked higher if there was any fear of a terrorist attack.

Runningbear

#20     Jul 8, 2009