Al Jazerra on Naked Short Selling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by flytiger, Jun 2, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Do some math. The highest figure mentioned in the video is 100 billion lost by small investors over 10 years. If there are 50 million small investors that's $200/year. It's not exactly a disaster for them.

Having all that money flow into the hands of dishonest people is nothing new either. The US government can't account for way, way more money than that, way more.

#11     Jun 2, 2007
  2. Companies, jobs??? How do we account for that.

this is like beating a dog. Eventually, the beatings are worse than the food is good. THIS is the reason NY is losing out. Who wants to bring their company here? That, and the fact that I'm tired of being fucked and lied to. There is much to surface. It has to be done in a particular style. These guys are tough, well funded, and elected.

#12     Jun 2, 2007
  3. Actually Bloomberg had a whole feature program on naked shorts 2 or 3 months ago. Not sure if it's still viewable online.

#13     Jun 2, 2007

4. I do agree there are some political motives with AJ aiming to increase Dubai's clout & market share.

#14     Jun 2, 2007
  5. opm8

opm8

At the end of the 2nd video they make reference to non-US markets that actually have real governance. I'm way out of my league in such things so can someone point out some more trustworthy non-US markets that we in the US have access to?

opm8

#15     Jun 3, 2007
  6. I wish I knew any. But let me tell you, whatever happens, never touch any market in the Middle East.

#16     Jun 3, 2007
  7. zdreg

zdreg

BBC speaks the truth? BBc is extremely biased.

#17     Jun 3, 2007
  8. This is a better piece. Much better. And Bloomberg's took months and months, and we thought it never would come out for "political" reasons I 'll share with you all at some future date. However, much to their credit, they had the cojones to do it.

The "Al Jeezera piece" if that's who produced it, was quiet, and came out almost suddenly. I heard it is making the rounds, and it is having quiet an impact. I hope so. It is remarkable frank, brutal, and very honest.

#18     Jun 3, 2007
  9. Fantastic and easy to watch.

There is no doubt it's a rigged game - front running, late trading, ftd's, naked short selling.

What is amazing is that the central bank is owned by the market makers, and participates in all of these activities, and can also create fiat out of thin air, just by running the printing presses longer.

On part two of these videos, there is as detailed an admission you'll ever find that the PPT really does exist, too.

The SEC and DOJ have been gutted as it relates to policing the financial markets. They'll serve up a 'perp walk' special, once in a while, to remind people they're doing something, but in reality, the actual rules have changed so that the really big profiteers aren't doing anything illegal at all - the rules allow them to use inside information and place completely risk-free bets.

Give any of us that power, and we'll all be billionaires no matter what our starting capital is.

#19     Jun 3, 2007

10. bfft who cares byrne is a nut case

Everyone knows the market is rigged to a certain extent. Like it or lump it.

#20     Jun 3, 2007