Al Gore's 'Sustainability-Focused' Investment Firm Raises $1 Billion For Latest VC Fund

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, May 23, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. That guy sure found a great money-making niche.
    Good for him.

Be nice if he actually practiced what he preached though.
    Massive mansion, Private jet to go plant a tree for a photo op, gas guzzling SUV’s for him and his entourage to travel.

The guy has a carbon footprint of a small town all by himself.
    The hypocrisy of the left is astounding.

jys78, nooby_mcnoob, clacy and 2 others like this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...en-they-think-the-planet-is-doomed-2019-05-23

I saw this earlier on MW then Drudge also quoted this lol.... these people running the co2 hoax are criminals and need to be prosecuted for ruining the kids!

btw my kids will be fine lol... educate your kids and your friends! I have some posts around here regarding the 2-inch thick human co2 if you need that as an entry for discussion... and watch their jaws drop.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  4. “There is a certain fatalism in this population relative to more recent generations,” Fellowes says. “Psychologically, this population has had more shocks to expectations about their futures than past generations“.
    —————————

Really? More shocks than the teenagers sent to slaughter in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

A 19 year old in a Vietnam hot zone who had a 50% chance of being alive through the night
    Or
    today’s 19 year old who gets triggered by a red MAGA hat and needs a quiet room and Play-Doh to cope.

Yeah, these kids have it so tough

5. Nobert

Nobert

Recently, we had one AI based fund, in east europe.

They tasted, the AI , for 2 years.

Raised 60/200 mils ( sorry, the numbers might be completely of the chart, yet the story, remains the same )

Got busted in 3 months :D

6. Sig

Sig

Not that Gore has done this (any more than inventing the internet), but if my house uses 5x more electricity than yours but I put solar plus storage in place so that it uses nothing from the grid, I have less impact on the grid than you do. Regardless of my actual electricity use. If you create 20 tons of carbon on a private jet flight to Saudi Arabia and convince the Crown Prince to build 2 GW of solar there, you net net did some good for the planet. That's not hypocrisy, that's basic business sense! The hypocrisy cries remind me of the folks who don't grasp the fact that paying $10K for a first class seat to Asia for a CEO is net net better for the company than cramming him in coach for 20 hours to save $9K while you cost the company $90M when he falls asleep in the meeting the next day.

GRULSTMRNN and comagnum like this.