Al Gore's net worth jumped from $2m to $35m in 7 years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by turkeyneck, Mar 6, 2008.

1. What a fabulous achievement!

Good for him.

He did it his own way, and it's worked out great.

#11     Mar 6, 2008
  2. marcdoyo

marcdoyo

He certainly looks like he eats better since leaving office

#12     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Yeah, I think he was in better shape during his public service days. One thing he could do to help stop global warming is cut out the steak dinners when he is on the road.

#13     Mar 6, 2008
  4. ...so thats what happens when you play with peoples' fear buttons. Cash to be made!

#14     Mar 6, 2008
  5. I'm sure he gets his jollies from besting Bill.

Post Oval office he has an Oscar, a Nobel and $100mm to show for it, while Bill is still sweating it out on the stump with less money and diminishing fame.

I'm willing to bet that those $175K speaking fees, impressive though they may be, did not make him a centimillionaire.

That kind of fortune comes with holding pre IPO equity, and I think the ones he had were labelled GOOG, which to his credit he received 3 years before the IPO.

#15     Mar 6, 2008
  6. Al Gore makes millions doing speaking engagements stirring up fear about manbearpig=global warming.

#16     Mar 6, 2008
  7. Supposely "The Clintons" have $40million now plus whatever they extorted and have hidden in offshore and Swiss accounts.

How does a couple who never made any money all of a sudden get $40million?

How did Putin get the $40Billion that is claimed he has?

Listen, this whole subprime mess was the ultimate scam. Someone will be buying this debt at 10-20 cents on the dollar and selling it in 5 years for 60-70 cents.

Great way to make a few trillioin dollars in a few years.

John

#17     Mar 6, 2008
  8. I wonder how much Greenspan is worth now with his non-stop speaking engagements.

#18     Mar 6, 2008
  9. Yeah, by flying around in a private jet when he could easily be flying commercial, 1st class.

The ultimate hypocrite. He justifies it buy purchasing carbon offsets. What a crock of shit. He still creates lots of pollution he doesn't have to.

#19     Mar 6, 2008
  10. Maybe you could buy some more carbon credits LOL . . .

#20     Mar 6, 2008