Al Gore's house runs on green power

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Covertibility, Feb 28, 2007.

1. man

man

well, this is what it boils down to. and from here on we
    better stop discussing. you won't move, same with me.
    thnx for your time. bye.

#71     Mar 20, 2007

2. In other words...you've been busted and have no logical answer to put forth....and your being childish about it to boot..."Im not playing with you anymore Waaaa Wahhh:D

#72     Mar 20, 2007
  3. His house may run on green power, but Al Gore Inc. runs on half truths, misinformation, and the pure methane that comes from piles of bullshit he spews on a daily basis.

#73     Mar 20, 2007
  4. man

man

i am afraid it is more like: you don't fulfill the minimum requirement
    necessary for a debate. there this is not a debate, or if you want
    "playing"; it is just mutual time wasting. you and this other kid can
    hardly manage to behave yourselves. you are just ridiculous. and
    this tyson comparison ... my god, i'd be embarassed if i had written
    something that obviously stupid. but you aren't and while i love
    some bashing in a debate ... this is none. and now i am done with
    both of you. that is what the ignore list is for ... you vanish ...

#74     Mar 20, 2007

5. You Lose...plain and simple...no ability to debate...its ok though, i still like you even if i disagree with you:D

FYI...The Tyson preaching peace is as ridiculous as a tobacco plantation rich kid with three houses and a private jet worrying about green house gasses! I know, i know....he gave up the tobacco farm....But he didn't exactly give back the millions his family made for giving generations of americans lung cancer did he??? what he should be doing is setting up trust funds for all the lung cancer patients who cannot afford medical coverage....im sure we'll see that soon..NOT!

#75     Mar 20, 2007
  6. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

I hear Bush powers his ranch with dead seal pups he clubs over the head and throws into a furnace.

Edwards Claims His Mega-Mansion is Carbon Neutral
    Presidential candidate promotes carbon caps for business, but carbon 'offsets' for himself.

By Dan Gainor
    The Boone Pickens Free Market Fellow
    Business & Media Institute
    3/20/2007 12:57:22 PM

Call it “Dancing with the Stars”: Global Warming Edition. Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards showed his best dance moves trying to avoid questions about how energy efficient his 28,000-square-foot mansion really is and how much the power bill costs each month.

The March 20 edition of CNN’s “American Morning” showed Edwards hyping global warming, promoting his energy plan that mandates carbon caps and claiming that his new mega-McMansion was actually being operated in a “carbon-neutral way.” He has recently declared his campaign “carbon neutral.”

Edwards also avoided how he holds himself to one standard but wants to hold businesses to another. As anchor Miles O’Brien put it: “One of the keys to your plan is the so-called cap plan which would institute, as it suggests, caps on the amount of carbon dioxide industry can put into the environment.”

But when it comes to Edwards’ own life, he doesn’t cap his carbon efforts, preferring instead carbon offsets. “We have committed to operate this house in a carbon-neutral way, which means in addition to using energy saving devices in the house itself, to the extent that doesn’t cover it, we’re going to purchase carbon credits on the market,” said Edwards.

Such offsets have been big news lately as even the Oscars claimed they were “carbon neutral.” The March 26 issue of BusinessWeek questioned the nature of such offsets and said “some deals amount to little more than feel good hype.”

Former Vice President Al Gore has received criticism for his own carbon offsets, though the media have been supportive. “If more people do it over time, it’s a good thing,” said reporter Russ Mitchell during the “Early Show” on CBS February 22.

During the CNN preview of his new energy plan, Edwards called for both a cap on current carbon dioxide emissions and “reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 80 percent by the year 2050, which is aggressive but achievable.”

When O’Brien asked him about jobs going overseas instead of new jobs being created in the United States, Edwards danced again. “Well, the reason first of all is the planet has to survive. So we have a pretty simple question to begin with.” His second point merely asked “How do we deal with this issue in a smart way” and moved into boilerplate about creating jobs.

O’Brien asked about Edwards “getting Americans to conserve more.” Edwards responded with talk of conservation and then requirements. “One of the things that’s going to be required is for Americans to be willing to drive more fuel-efficient vehicles and to be willing to conserve and we want to help them do that.”

When O’Brien asked specifically about his house, Edwards turned into a dancing king. Asked about the cost of energy for the home, Edwards tried several answers:

“It’s actually not bad.” And followed that up with talk of how energy efficient the home was.
    “I’m not telling you. It’s actually, it’s actually not bad. It’s about three or four hundred dollars, the last one I saw.”
    Following that claim, Edwards backed off a bit and said “the power bill is several hundred dollars a month.”

#76     Mar 20, 2007
  7. Call it “Dancing with the Stars”: Global Warming Edition. Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards showed his best dance moves trying to avoid questions about how energy efficient his 28,000-square-foot mansion really is and how much the power bill costs each month.

HOLY SHIT!! 28k sq feet???? i have two kids and 4k sq ft and thats more then enough room ....WTF??? Does he have 25 kids?

#77     Mar 20, 2007
  8. He's way more important than you are. It's not his only mansion either. He has a place on Figure Eight Island, off Wilmington, NC, referred to by locals as Eight Figure Island. He does have amazing hair however.

#78     Mar 20, 2007
  9. nitro

nitro

I fail to follow your logic.

Lets say this was the course of events. Isaac Newton says that the gravity that pulls the moon towards the earth is the same gravity that makes an apple fall towards the ground.

Sometime later some maniac says that the gravity that pulls the moon towards the earth is the same gravity that makes an apple fall towards the ground. So now we should start talking about the maniac instead of the results of Isaac Newton? :confused:

You see, Al Gore is some guy that decided sometime in his life that his mission was to spread the word that Global Warming was real. A noble cause. But looooooooooooooooooooooooooong before that, there were scores of scientists making $40000 a year, going to night school after some shit job so that they could pay for their education, living in an 800 Sq foot studio, riding their bikes to each location, saying that modern GW is real and human forced.

I guess I don't understand the fascination of equating GW with Al Gore. It is irrelevant unless all you want to do is think about the politics and not the problem! Fuck Al Gore. Now tell me what you think we can do about slowing GW?

nitro

#79     Mar 20, 2007
  10. man

man

i would see this is contradicting. the way society decides
    about major issues is ... politics. people spreading this
    information are essential. the more people they reach
    the more important. so "what ... we can do about
    slowing GW" is spreading word on our own and support
    others who do. "fuck"ing "Al Gore" is the best way to
    fuck "slowing GW". do i find that good? oh no, but that
    is the world currently live in. once the prime messanger
    is dead the message suffers at least a severe setback.
    at least.

it is not just politicians. Mann was hammered as well.
    and while i sense and respect your reasonable approach,
    it will not work to slow the thing down without a stance
    in this (political) debate. IMHO.

#80     Mar 21, 2007