Al Gore's house runs on green power

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Covertibility, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Cesko

Cesko

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#51     Mar 16, 2007
  2. jem

jem

I watched Gores movie last night. It was well done. I am concerned about the Ice Caps even though I just read the book from the well know author -- Michael Crighton (sp) which gives studies which directly contradict what Gore stated the movie.

I also noticed that temperature seemed to rise prior to CO2 in Gores 650,000 year ice core study. Although I obviously was eyeballing the data.

But in light of Gores house and energy consumption I can not buy his stated passion for the environment. I simply can not get how one could have such a disconnect. He must be partly psychotic.

The last 10 minutes of the movie and during the closing credits and advice -- the content was largely about making a difference one person at a time.

What kind of asshole is this guy? I just don't get it. Does he care about the environment or not. Something tells me this is all about money or ego for him.

Nevertheless, I liked the movie and I hope it motivates real people to make a change on personal and business levels - just in case he is correct about his claims.

#52     Mar 16, 2007
  3. You have no argument...you have no point....you have backed down from the most basic of challenges when I asked you if you were the least bit disappointed with Al Gore's consumption....this makes the whole argument moot.

#53     Mar 16, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Man before you want to defeat somebody intellectually you gotta have an intellect first, you don't even have a common sense. If elsewhere I stopped arguing with you it was because I probably couldn't prove my point. You might think you have a proof reg. GW because you are a fool. The only thing you can rely on in this case is common sense which you are lacking severely. If you had any you would have to be suspicious of any professional pol trying so hard to convince you about anything, second if you had common sense you would have to be suspicious any time you happen to agree with Hollywood about anything.
    If you had little bit of common sense you would have to know that if the guy preaches something yet does the opposite he is not to be believed. Just fucking stupid common sense.
    I got pissed off not because your "intellectual superiority":D but because I don't like it when pompous European ass like yourself tells Americans what they should or should not do on their site(!)
    Tell me why aren't there any European trading sites with Americans bitching and whining about Europe? It is because they don't give a fuck and Europe being a feminine bitch it is demands attention by screaming, yelling and nagging like a typical "attention whore". Now go fuck yourself.

#54     Mar 16, 2007
  5. Cesko.......You are a piece of work!!!:D :D :D

( for some reason I pictured Vince Vaugh in the Wedding Crashers delivering that last post!!!:p )

#55     Mar 16, 2007
  6. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

It's happened, ... the world has gone certifiably insane.

Women Reverands hold walk for globabl warming during snow storm ....

...."It was windy and cold. I was walking on the front of the line and I felt like I was bow of a ship with the wind just coming into my face," said the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Johns of the Grace Episcopal Church in Amherst, where the group warmed up on bowls of lentil and minestrone soup after walking eight miles in deep snow from Northampton to Amherst.

Bullitt-Johns said the walkers kept their spirits strong by singing "Keep on walking forward, never turning back," a hymn they had chanted in prayer services before the march to Boston.

The Rev. Andrea Ayvazian of the Haydenville Congregational Church said the snow was so deep, it felt like she was breaking trail.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...th_group_braves_storm_in_climate_change_trek/

Interfaith group braves storm in climate change trek
    By Adam Gorlick, Associated Press Writer | March 16, 2007

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. --As the world's warmest winter on record drew to an end with a weekend snow storm, a group of religious leaders started walking across the state Friday to bring attention to global warming.

The nine-day haul from downtown Northampton to Copley Square in Boston was planned far before forecasts called for a weekend of snow and sleet just a few days before the start of spring.

"It was windy and cold. I was walking on the front of the line and I felt like I was bow of a ship with the wind just coming into my face," said the Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Johns of the Grace Episcopal Church in Amherst, where the group warmed up on bowls of lentil and minestrone soup after walking eight miles in deep snow from Northampton to Amherst.

Bullitt-Johns said the walkers kept their spirits strong by singing "Keep on walking forward, never turning back," a hymn they had chanted in prayer services before the march to Boston.

The Rev. Andrea Ayvazian of the Haydenville Congregational Church said the snow was so deep, it felt like she was breaking trail.

In all 24 clergymen will walk the entire distance from Northampton to Boston, while some 800 people will join for smaller portions. The group hopes to have more than 1,000 gather in Boston for a final rally.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported Thursday that in the past century, global temperatures have increased at about 0.11 degrees per decade. But that increase has been three times larger since 1976.

The report comes just over a month after the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said global warming is very likely caused by human actions and is so severe it will continue for centuries.

"God has given us this Eden, and our behavior is making a mess of it," said the Rev. Jim Antal, president of the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ, the state's largest Protestant denomination.

The religious walkers are part of Religious Witness for the Earth, a 6-year-old national interfaith environmental organization. Supporters include clergy from the Catholic, Unitarian, Jewish, Episcopalian, and Muslim faiths.

The leaders are calling for individuals, businesses and government entities to reduce fossil fuel emissions by 80 percent by 2050.

With most of its members based in the Northeast, it made sense for the group to walk in Massachusetts. About 1,000 clergy members are expected to take some part in the trek, which will include prayer and information sessions along the way before ending with a rally on March 24.

Not all the walkers are expected to make the entire journey. But synagogues and churches on their route will feed and shelter the multi-day hikers.

Many members of Religious Witness for the Earth have used their position from the pulpit to make their congregations aware of climate change.

"The interfaith aspect of what we're doing heightens awareness among everyone," said Rabbi Justin David of Congregation B'Nai Israel in Northampton. "Climate change is a moral issue and it's a collective issue. It transcends the differences of faith and politics and generations. This is something everyone needs to pay attention to."

© Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

#56     Mar 16, 2007
  7. man

man

ok, since you really insist. it is neither a question nore
    a challenge if you say something and want me to
    confirm it. so please do not use words like "argument"
    or "point" if it just boils down to: repeat my words. how
    ridiculous that you continue that same thing post after
    post.

#57     Mar 17, 2007
  8. man

man

ok. so this time you think it is different and you can
    prove anything.

you take that as a given. i don't. it is as simple as that.

don't hide behind america. i am quite sure you are
    not a representative intelligent americans would be
    proud of. but i guess you know that.

now you are again in the lingo you feel best in. cesko,
    you don't have what is needed to debate. you didn't
    have it then, you don't have now. has nothing to
    do with the subject at hand. let us do both of us a
    favour and stop this.

#58     Mar 17, 2007
  9. I'm not suprised that Gore's house runs on methane since quite a lot of hot air and bs comes from out the mouth of its owner.

#59     Mar 18, 2007
  10. And yet you continue to respond with....nothing...nada...no points no evidence...no answer...you just type words in an attempt to save face.

#60     Mar 19, 2007