Al Gore's house runs on green power

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Covertibility, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Group: Gore a hypocrite over power bill

A spokeswoman for Gore said he purchases enough "green power" — renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas — to balance 100 percent of his electricity costs.

"Sometimes when people don't like the message, in this case that global warming is real, it's convenient to attack the messenger," Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider said.

Gore participates in a utility program that sells blocks of "green power" for an extra $4 a month. Gore purchases 108 such blocks every month, covering 16,200 kilowatt-hours and helping subsidize renewable energy sources.

Johnson said it's unclear whether global warming is caused by humans, and he said the threat outlined in Gore's documentary is exaggerated.

The think tank said Gore used nearly 221,000 kilowatt hours last year and that his average monthly electric bill was $1,359. Johnson said his group got its figures from Nashville Electric Service.

But electric company spokeswoman Laurie Parker said the utility never got a request from the policy center and never provided them with any information.

Parker said Gore has been purchasing the "green power" for $432 a month since November. The Gore home is also under renovation to add solar panels, Kreider said.

--------

LOL. My favorite part is where so called nonpartisan think tank got their numbers if the electric utility didn't provide the info. Better yet, Keith Olbermann had a segment about this whereby the president of the so called nonpartisan group came from another think tank paid by big oil to dismiss global warming.

Gotta love republicans. They ran with the story that Obama attended a Muslim school which turned out to be untrue and now Al Gore. How's iraq coming along? Greeted as liberators....

2. fhl

fhl

lol indeed. If you get your news from Keith Olberman, maybe you should check out a little article called Keith Olberman's top ten lies, at http://www.olbermannwatch.com/archives/2006/12/keith_olbermann_2.php
    and you would use a little more discretion about where YOU get your news.

3. Aren't you suppose to be over in that thread telling us the nuggets in the bible like condoning slavery?

Notice the article is from the AP who did some research into the matter unlike the typical republican news in this country. And in regards to the above misguided Christian's post, if Olbermann reports something that is true its supposed to be disregarded but if Foxnews says that FDR supported privatizing social security then it must be considered true? lol.

Just for a laugh to dig up an old post : Roosevelt vs. Bush

Fox news analyst Brit Hume and other Fox personalities have begun claiming that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, an iconic figure among elderly Americans at least in part because of the role he played in creating the Social Security system, favored privatizations schemes of the sort that President Bush is pushing.

"It turns out that FDR himself planned to include private investment accounts in the Social Security program when he proposed it," claimed Hume in a recent broadcast, where he also suggested that Roosevelt wanted the federal program to ultimately be supplanted by "self-supporting annuity plans."

To "substantiate" his statement, Hume rearranged Roosevelt's words to fake up "quotes" that seemed to suggest the 32nd president would have approved of undermining the Social Security system in order to enrich Wall Street.

-----

One rule of thumb on this site regarding republicans, dey iz a lil' slow.

4. Darn Convertibility,

You are trying to tell the truth. How can the worshippers of the "good book" handle that? :D

5. Maybe I'm blind but I see no direct denial by Gore's camp disputing the kilowatt hours presented by the Associated Press.

Parker said Gore has been purchasing the "green power" for $432 a month since November.

6. LOL . . . what difference does it make what the source of power is. I thought one of Gore's messages was conservation, but of course that only applies to his suck-ups like you convertibility and tradermaji, but not him, you guys are fools.

7. fhl

fhl

How funny that you bring up Britt Hume and not Dan Rather. Is it because your mind is so quick?

8. Using Gores logic if I wash down this double cheeseburger I'm eating with a diet pepsi, I'll end up with zero calories. Not only did the man invent the internet, he just invented the perfect diet. Brilliant!

9. I could bring up Sean Hannity and Bill Frist and their Terri Schiavo deal. That definitely went beyond any work of fiction out there including Rather's insignificant Killian documents.

10. fhl

fhl

#10     Mar 13, 2007