Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize For Global Warming Nonsense

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Hmm, Europe is not in a depression, not even in a recession despite their "global warming lunacy". The issue of global warming that Gore is introducing in this country has been an accepted scientific fact in Europe for many years/decades, yet their economy is doing great, in fact better than the US economy.

"Europe's ecological "footprint," the amount of the Earth's capacity that a population consumes, is about half that of the United States."
    Sick old Europe looks awfully strong now

#11     Oct 13, 2007
  2. congrats MR Al Gore.. well deserved !!
    keep up good work

#12     Oct 13, 2007
  3. He also claimed Katrina was an effect of global warming or, caused by it..LOL

#13     Oct 13, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I stopped putting any credence in any of these PC awards when I was introduced to a friend's sister and told she had won the woman of the year award somewhere and was on TV.. she was the spokeshole for the ACLU...

She had some interesting stories of course, the LAPD was getting a rectal exam without the gloves from the ACLU at the time and she had been harassed, and it was from the LAPD in her mind, but essentially she had an attempted break-in and had no clue who did it....

#14     Oct 13, 2007
  5. Turok

Turok

ROFLAO!! Are you really this STUPID???

I say 'some pedos don't think their actions are immoral' and you end up believing that I think pedophilia is morally Ok.

You really should get help for your inability to read.

JB

#15     Oct 13, 2007
  6. Why, and by whom? Do you really believe that crap? Al-Qaueda, if it ever existed, is stronger than ever, I think the number of sympatizers has 100.000-folded since then.

If there ever was a real danger (I still doubt that honestly) this government has done nothing to make things better. On the contrary. The enemy is stronger than ever, has consolidated and has more motivated nachwuchs than ever. It could never have been done worse than this. Billions and billions of costly dollars have been spent (and cannot be spent for better purposes anynore) and nothing, nothing has changed for the better.
    Moreover, of the 50-70% of the countries that sympathised with the US after 9/11 only maybe 5% is remaining.

I honestly can not think of a single thing this administration has done right. Maybe if you'r one of the filthy rich oil- or supply-industry that have Cheney in theit pocket, you can come up by a thing or 2, but for the rest of the world it is pure and ridiculous failure.

Nobody can force you to fool yourself.

Ursa..

#16     Oct 13, 2007
  7. Exactly right. The US is hopelessly behind when the issues will get serious for them too. They will have to buy technology from the Europeans and the Chinese, with their valueless dollars. The Chinese take this far more serious than the US, and they are in fact still a developing country. It seems like game-over for the US.

Ursa..

#17     Oct 13, 2007
  8. Gore Wins, Facts Lose

By Tony Blankley
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The world has become such a difficult and dangerous place that I am deeply appreciative of recent amusing events, which seem as if they were written by the Marx Brothers or Monty Python. I have in mind, it should go without saying, Al Gore winning both an Academy Award and the Nobel Peace Prize. The very sentence sounds like a punch line. But I can't quite figure out who is supposed to be the butt of the joke. I rather suspect that he has one more award to come -- the trifecta of absurdism. Perhaps he will be pronounced the world's greatest jockey or the world's most graceful dancer. It only makes sense, given Al Gore's acknowledged role in bringing the Internet to humanity. Whatever the award, the world will receive it with the same demeanor it displayed in appreciating the emperor's new clothes several centuries ago.

It is hard to say which of Al Gore's awards seems more improbable: his Academy Award, although he does not possess a single skill required for filmmaking, or his Nobel Peace Prize for his work on global warming, although he has no technical skills in that area and he has misled the world profoundly as to the danger. It just goes to show how good life can be once you officially are designated a victim of George W. Bush. Once Gore lost the 2000 election (before which he was scorned and mocked by the liberal world), the world fell over itself, showering him with wealth and honor. If only he could arrange to lose another election to a Republican, he could be chosen Pope, Homecoming King and Soapbox Derby champion.

Before reviewing Gore's various inanities that won him the Nobel, it is worth taking a look at one of his related projects: carbon offsets. As chairman and founder of Generation Investment Management, a firm that purchases carbon dioxide offsets, Gore stands to profit further from what he sees as mankind's misery -- which is OK by me. I'm glad to see he finally has developed the capitalist instinct (like his dad did with Occidental Petroleum and Armand Hammer).

But carbon offsets are a rather strange concept. Let me use a simple metaphor to explain it: Let's suppose that Al Gore goes to an Italian restaurant and eats a loaf of garlic bread, a plate of lasagna, a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, an extra-large pizza with seven toppings, a couple bottles of Chianti and a large assortment of pastries. As a result, he puts on 10 pounds. But he is deeply concerned that mankind is getting too fat. So he pays 10 peasants in Asia $10 each to eat nothing for a week. Although they are already thin, by starving themselves for a week, they each lose a pound. As a result, after a week, mankind is weight neutral. Al Gore weighs 10 pounds more, 10 Asians weigh 10 pounds less -- and Al Gore is given another Nobel Peace Prize for his leadership in keeping mankind's waistline in check.

Of course, this example is not quite fair to Gore because that imagined humanitarianism actually (SET ITAL) costs (END ITAL) him cash money. In the real carbon offset business, he looks forward to being paid for directing other carbon consumers to invest in carbon neutral projects. Although when Gore personally is using carbon, as when he flies in a carbon-belching Gulfstream, one of his companies would pay some other fella not to fly or plant a tree or do something to offset Gore's carbon belching.

But Al Gore's carbon offset shuffle is small potatoes, as it were. His great accomplishment is to have shared the Nobel Peace Prize with the thousands of scientists of the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- while contradicting their scientific findings. (See Danish climate expert Bjorn Lomborg's wonderful article in The Boston Globe last week for more details.)

For example, Gore warned the world in his Academy Award-winning movie to expect the world's sea level to rise 20 feet this century. His co-award winners said about 1 foot -- the same increase in sea level experienced during the past 150 years. So much for the Eastern Seaboard being underwater.

Gore also warned that the world is endangered by the fast melting of Greenland's glaciers, while his co-award winners (the scientists) concluded that if sustained, the melt would add -- at most -- just 3 inches to sea level. I guess we'll still have Miami and London despite an inconvenient truth.

Lomborg also points out that while Gore was (amazingly) technically accurate to warn that up to 400,000 people might die by 2050 because of global warming, Gore carefully failed to point out that 1.8 million lives will be saved from the cold that global warming will replace. So global warming will save a net of 1.4 million lives, rather than cost 400,000 lives. In a week or two, I will review Bjorn Lomborg's superb new book, "Cool It," which blows a hole in the need for Kyoto treaty compliance that even Al Gore and I could walk through.

Until then, take comfort in knowing that Al Gore's warning about the shrinking population of polar bears is also wrong; their population is rising. The award Gore truly deserves (and the one for which I hereby nominate him is): Best Scary Campfire Storyteller. (He should beat out the hook on the car window story handily.)

#18     Oct 17, 2007
  9. Wow, hap to the rescue again!!
    Never ceases to amaze, such uncanny refuttal to the whacky moonbats.

So, are polar bears numbers increasing, decreasing, or is the point the bits of ice they live on could dissapear???
    So confusing!!!!
    I havent been out to do a thorough survey, i guess we should just -rely on some guy living in hawaii, to copy paste stuff about their particlular predicament.

There's heaps of them in zoo's, right? Excellent, problem solved, there IS NO problem, nor is there a spoon.

Er, you have read lombergs book, right?
    Sounds like an accountants trick, anyone could come up with silly numbers as to what may occur if the majority is wrong.

And guess what-the majority is always wrong. This bodes poorly , for statistical science.

#19     Oct 17, 2007
  10. LOL. If it weren't for me and a few others here, Ac, you'd be left to fend for yourself amidst all the moonbats (from places much less friendly than Hawaii, I might add), and, well, I don't think you could handle that. You display some of their symptoms too often all ready....

Cheers! :)

#20     Oct 17, 2007