Al Gore is hiding under his bed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Exactly. Weather in Chicago has been more "normal" relative historical means than it was in the 1990's. What ignoramus's don't understand is that the flaws of blindly reading the "headline number" in weather data collection is causing much of the stir. I'm talking about daily- hi/low averaged. It's not that summers have been record breaking hot but rather warm winters were hugely boosting the annual averages. In other words Chicago needs a bunch of -14's every now and then to keep their yearly computed daily average in check. It was the absence of brutally cold-yet historically prevalent winters causing the pop.

#11     Jan 16, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

We had record heat in Southern California a couple of years back. I got stopped by strangers more than once so they could announce that it was all about global warming.... the one looked like he could not sort out what "anecdotal" was about, another one listened when I told her it's all bullshit...

Here's a thing to ponder... the ice cores that the "scientists" use to measure climate with... are interpreted wrong.. they jumped to the conclusion that every ring represents a year but meanwhile there is proof that is not true at all... the rings can happen more than once a day... so far they have not changed a thing... they talk about climate records going back 15,000 years that are more likely a few decades... it just does not fit their world view that the ice cores would represent that short of a period of time so they simply cannot accept any other ideas no matter the quality of proof...

Modern "science" is such politicized and monetized krap... and people use it to form their world view and to make major decisions...

#12     Jan 16, 2009