Al Gore is a loser (Video Proof)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader1966, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Look I don't think Bush is great president either, but you have to admit the Democrats will play politics with everything. Even if it puts the nations safety in jeopardy.

The previous poster is correct, I remember grade school textbooks about the coming Ice Age. Al Gore is a political schlock and nothing more.

#41     Jun 13, 2007
  2. Oh please stop it. Gore and the rest of the Democrats know Iraq has supported global terrorism for decades. They are now trying to revise history for political gain. This is putting the entire nation at risk.

#42     Jun 13, 2007
  3. Scientific views change. Remember when hydrogenated vegetable oil (margarine) was all the rage? It was the state of knowledge at the time. Science evolves. It progresses. You go with the best current thinking until better current thinking surfaces. To say it isn't so is patently disingenuous. Equally disingenuous are those who cherry pick what suits them. Global warming doesn't suit most shorter-term commercial interests very well. Oddly enough, Republicans in the aggregate don't put much stock into global warming. Coincidence? Nah.

#43     Jun 13, 2007
  4. fhl

fhl

If what Gore has done with his life is considered by you to have "outsmarted" the Bush family, then I think I speak for many who would say they fervently hope that he keeps "outsmarting" them.

The great unwashed in fly-over country just wasn't smart enough to recognize the genius of Gore, right? I guess I shouldn't mind. As long as so many suffer from this delusion, the country will stay in the RIGHT hands.

Pleasant daydreams.

#44     Jun 13, 2007
  5. Science evolves, of course it does, but a complete 180 in thirty short years seems much more like politics than science. If a Democrat is elected president you will never hear about Global Warming again, sort of like the homelessness crises suddenly disappearing when Clinton was elected.

#45     Jun 13, 2007
  6. fhl

fhl

Of course republicans don't want to make long term decisions based on dubious science of global warming. Just like they didn't want to about global cooling. Only the dull in aggregate would consider this a liability.

#46     Jun 13, 2007
  7. it is a scam, not because the planet isnt warming currently... but because they are blaming humans for it and they will implement a global "carbon" tax. they attempted this with global cooling in the 70's... same scam in reverse, then the trend changed back. there have been era's when we were much colder than now and much warmer than now. mars is also warming..... driving an suv to mcdonalds is not the cause. charging a tax to do so will not help "mother earth."

#47     Jun 13, 2007
  8. Groovy. Just remember that the same lobbyists who were working on behalf of the tobacco companies are now focusing their efforts to squash the premise of global warming. And we all know that the tobacco lobbyists were nothing if not sincere. You're in good hands.

#48     Jun 13, 2007
  9. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

While trying to find Al Gore's recent quote suggesting something along the lines that "Iraq was NEVER a threat" (I'd appreciate if anyone has that little nugget...) I stumbled across this.

(i'm on record of never having supported the iraq invasion, only because it made no sense to me ... and I'm a wussy)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/339finwc.asp

The Missing Link

IN THE FLOOD OF COMMENT that greeted the Senate Intelligence Committee's 511-page report on pre-Iraq war intelligence, no one remarked upon this sentence from the document about the Iraq-al Qaeda connection: "Any indication of a relationship between these two hostile elements could carry great dangers to the United States."

With the absence of large stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, a new conventional wisdom has emerged. Saddam Hussein was contained, in his box. The Iraqi Intelligence Service, active in crushing internal dissent, was essentially inactive outside Iraq's borders. The bottom line: Saddam Hussein's Iraq was not a threat.

The text of the Senate report tells a very different story. The panel based
    much of its analysis on a CIA product published in January 2003 called Iraqi Support for Terrorism--the most restrained of five CIA reports on Iraq and terror. The findings will surprise Americans who have relied for their information about the Iraqi threat on the establishment news media.

Iraq continues to be a safehaven, transit point, or operational node for groups and individuals who direct violence against the United States, Israel, and other allies. Iraq has a long history of supporting terrorism. During the last four decades, it has altered its targets to reflect changing priorities and goals. It continues to harbor and sustain a number of smaller anti-Israel terrorist groups and to actively encourage violence against Israel. Regarding the Iraq-al Qaeda relationship, reporting from sources of varying credibility points to a number of contacts, incidents of training, and discussions of Iraqi safehaven for Osama bin Laden and his organization dating from the early 1990s.

#49     Jun 13, 2007
  10. I don't get it. I really don't. You guys are bashing Gore. He's not running for president. Meanwhile the current president has created more harm to your country's reputation in the international community, and has polarized your country more than any other president that comes to mind. That's real damage. No need for any what-ifs. It's right here, in your face! I find the hostility around here somewhat displaced.

#50     Jun 13, 2007