Al Gore III busted with an assortment of drugs....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader1966, Jul 4, 2007.

1. " Blind support of Bush" are you nuts, I don't he is an effective leader at all. The difference between you and me is I don't think he is Lucifer on Earth, nor was Clinton. ZZZZZzzzz you are one left field conspiracy minded simpleton.

#11     Jul 4, 2007
  2. Speculation about the Bush family?

LOL...

Maybe if you sobered up you might understand the nature of an alcoholic family structure...the shaming, the secrecy, etc.

The court should throw the book at Gore's son (no special privileges), and I have little doubt that like Bush Jr's drinking and drug habits, being the son of an type A personality in the public eye doesn't leave enough time to be a full time parent. It is a common story for politicians kids and related family being trouble with drugs and booze.

Why bring up the Bush family? Because it goes to the nature of powerful families having secrets along with drug and alcohol abuse, is quite common, very much in keeping with the pattern of alcoholic families.

Throw the Kennedy family in their too, they belong in the same club, as well as many republican families...

I do see one pattern as well, those who currently abuse drugs and alcohol are the very first to come to the defense of those in the public eye who are busted for their abuses...

MADD should be pissed off about someone going 100MPH on the San Diego Freeway (I 5 South) at that hour of the morning, with drugs in their possession...

The kid needs help, tough shaming isn't the long term answer...

Oh, and it doesn't matter if the kids are the offspring of current candidates for 2008 or beyond, they all need help and role models that are not alcoholic and or drug abusers, which many politicians are...not to mention bond traders...

Cases like this just illustrate, along with the Bush and Kennedy family, the Ford family, Ronny Reagan's dad was an alcoholic... how alcoholism/drug addiction are family diseases, and for some bizarre reason...tolerated here in America...probably because so many in our electorate also abuse drugs and alcohol...

#12     Jul 4, 2007
  3. You seem like the type who would also apologize for the actions of the Captain of the Titanic...

#13     Jul 4, 2007
  4. Wow happy July 4th, I think ZZZZZzzzzz made a very intelligent point here. The Gore's need to find the reason for the rebellion and deal with it as a family. I am sure AlGore can be a contrite person when forced by circumstance.

#14     Jul 4, 2007
  5. I'm not convinced this problem will lead to introspection on Gore's part, or looking at his part in the problems that lead his kid to such behavior...

#15     Jul 4, 2007
  6. If Al was my dad, I'd do drugs.

#16     Jul 4, 2007
  7. I think it will...........I think Al is basically a decent person but feels trapped in his fathers lexicon and phony bravado. Al needs to realize he will never be elected president and show some contriteness and class for once.

#17     Jul 4, 2007
  8. The real story here is that a Prius can do 100 mph.

whodathunkit?

#18     Jul 4, 2007
  9. If, and I repeat if, Al Gore could be genuine, and still genuinely want to serve the country as president, I think he would win easily.

The Gore that we all saw in his concession speech in 2000/2001 was the Gore people would vote for.

As it stands, he still may be the most electable dem, with only needing to win the states he won in 2000, and Florida or Ohio...I think that is extremely doable with the stink right now on the republican party, as well as their current divisive condition internally...

The repubs are making it easy for the dems, but the dems are probably too stupid and will nominate either Hillary or Obama, both of whom are unelectable in a sexist racist country like the USA...

#19     Jul 4, 2007
  10. Well I would disagree on a couple of points here. AlGore will never get past the "we basically invented the internet " braggart quote. He is no longer the most electable Dem, if he would have handled himself with class in the past he could now be on the cusp of stealing the nomination from Hillary.

#20     Jul 4, 2007