Al Gore - Democratic Party candidate in 2008.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 13, 2006.

1. That actually is not his prediction, Al Gore's potential presidential bid has been the talk of the internet for more than a year now including several threads on ET. He (Al Gore not southamerica) is the darling of left-wing netroots which as Lieberman learned the hard way can be ignored at one's own peril. If Al Gore decides to run he'll be the immediate democratic front-runner.

#11     Aug 13, 2006
  2. Is this coming from a Republican whose fearless leader was elected by the Supreme Court?

No values that need to be applied to a society? How would a government APPLY values to a society? By developing big brother style institutions? Maybe listen to everybodys phone calls?

Whose values? What values?

My values say that the strong take care of the weak. Republican values are that everybody fends for themselves in a economic darwinism.

My values say that an election in a democratic country should be determined by a concientous debate over meaningful issues and not because of dirt you can get by sending burglars into your opponents headquarters. NOR by a constant a barrage of smear campaigns and ridicule.

My values say you don't commit treason by selling arms to terrorists that are declared enemies of the United States and give the money to people that are supplementing what you are giving them with drug money they get from poisoning our children. Especially when those people are the remnants of a puppet government you had built that had one of the worst human rights records on the planet.

My values are that you don't go out of your way to constantly harass an unfortunate group of people born with a quirk that you dont like. I remember kids in school that would taunt the weak effeminate kids. Assholes with their own obvious insecurites like Rush Limbaugh.

My values say that a President is the leader of the country and should be concerned with the welfare of it's people. He should not LIE to get that countries young men and women into a war in order to promote HIS agenda, when the war itself does nothing to further the strategic interests of his country.

All this comes from a bunch of dickweeds that in turn try to force feed us a buch of "morality" they try to justify on the basis of a bunch of horseshit superstition that they even take out of context to support their agenda.

Screw Republicans and their despicable "values"

#12     Aug 13, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

No doubt. I'm a technician and Gore is following a very correlated political path to Richard Nixon's. And Gore's been smart enough to not run for Governor of Tennessee. :)

There's nothing etched in Stone (no pun intended, many think Sharon sucked the Willie) that Hillary must run in 2008. Clearly she's exposed to the same backlash that hurt Lieberman.
    2008 may not be the year for the Dems just as 1968, the most turbulent year in modern U.S. history might not have been Nixon's year if RFK hadn't been assassinated. It's impossible to tell two years out. What if there's another 9/11. Rudy or an unknown Governor someplace could steal a paranoid nation's heart.

If Gore were to lose in '08 then Hillary has the hope of 2012.

#13     Aug 13, 2006
  4. For what it is worth, My father ia a Physicist and was the Director of the Ballistic Missle Defense Command (Kinetic Research). He lead the team that developed the original technology for the Patriot Missile and others like it. He is still the only man on the planet who has ever intercepted an Inter Continental Ballistic Missile and destroyed it. During his tenure he won 3 Presidential Awards for Engineer of the Year, 2 from Ronald Reagan and 1 from Bush Sr. He has briefed nearly every top politician in the United States since 1978 on matters related to SDI. He has had lunch with, golfed with, etc. with many of these. The one thing that stands clear in his relationships with these people. He told me that AL Gore was probably the most intelligent of any of them and although he is not very political, he does not think much about the intelligence or integrity of the people running things now. That is enough for me!

#14     Aug 13, 2006
  5. Did you guys NOT see Gore go off the deep end after Bush "officially" won?

He gained 40 pounds, grew a beard, and taught VERY liberal politics at some small university.

Tell me his opponents won't run with this.

He is toast. Assuming he even runs.

While on the topic, Hill is toast as well. She could get the nom hands down, but win? No way in hell. Look at the numbers. She is one of the most respected Senators in the east, and by far the most hated every place else. Mean bitch just doesn't cut it nationally.

#15     Aug 13, 2006
  6. Oh come on, we're talking about the leader of the free world so why don't you ask your father the truly important question - who would he rather have a beer with. Please read Jayford's post - Gore gained 40 pounds and grew a beard, he clearly is not presidential material.
    :D

#16     Aug 13, 2006
  7. Hillary has not done enough, in my opinion to qualify her as President in this time frame we are in.

She should accomplish more in the Senate, she is only a first term (not even re-elected yet) Jr. senator after all.

A strong governor, a seasoned senator, or former V.P. probably is more qualified right now.

Barring something dramatic, the 2008 president will likely be a one termer anyway.

#17     Aug 13, 2006
  8. People didn't seem to care that Bush was a drunk.

So Gore gained 40 lbs and grew a beard and hung out on campus.

It really doesn't matter.

What matters is that Gore won the 2000 popular vote, will the people who voted for him vote for him again, and will those who voted for Bush vote for Gore or somebody else.

That's the bottom line...

What a democrat has not been able to effectively accomplish yet, is show how the republicans have not actually made the world and America a safer place, but have made it more dangerous, and have made America more isolated and impotent by draining resource for the war in Iraq by wasting money that should have been spent on homeland security, border control, etc.

This is the probably the key.

The republican position is essentially this:

Yes, we did give the people of America the date rape drug so we could satisfy or lust for Iraq, and yes we did knock up Iraq as a result, but now, since the baby is born, we can't abandon that bastard, and since we are the father, we are best able to care for Iraq and America...trust us.

#18     Aug 13, 2006
  9. See there is the blatant ridicule of a persons physical appearance etc. I spoke about in another post. Fucking asshole Republicans do this constantly. You were the kids teasing the fat kids, homely girls, and sissy type boys in school. Screw all of you. What the hell does Gores weight and facial hair have to do with his ability to be President? I guess that is akin to Michael Dukakis's inability to look cool in a tankers helmet, or the way Rush showed us how easily he could morph a self concious Chelsea Clintons face into a dog face. I see through to the base shit for character of all you republican bastards. Good people will eventually catch on to your repugnant ways AGAIN. It happens every generation or so. I for one cannot wait until you are once again the whining minority party you deserve to be.

#19     Aug 13, 2006
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Al Gore .. wooden and unimaginative.
    Just what the Republicans need as the Dem's presidential candidate.
    Hillary Clinton is by far the most formidable opponent for the Republicans.
    :)

#20     Aug 13, 2006