Al Brook's Trading Room

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimtheEnchanter, Sep 9, 2020.

1. HomelyWizzard,

I understand what you are saying sir, but you are missing one part of the road to profitability equation, and that is Your Time.

A few years ago, I wasted 8 hours a day for about 3 months in a trading room watching someone call out trades and talk about the charts. I was too ignorant to ask the trade room host the right questions. Loss of time, I was also mis educated and learned bad trade habits and led me to losing about $3500 in 3 months. Atleast the person running the show documented his trades. I was too ignorant to calculate positive expectancy of those trades as well.

#11     Sep 9, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  2. truth the time sink of trading or learning to trade is enormous and a net negative on earnings!!

#12     Sep 9, 2020
  3. this is why the doctors go to school for 8 years analogy doesnt hold water. doctors get a guaranteed minimum oncome of 180 to 200k per year if at a hospital on the low end. thats guaranteed. for 8 years. pretty good return on your time.

#13     Sep 9, 2020
  4. His video course is top notch. I have no experience in his room, but you should do you and not listen to the negative Nancys on ET. Best to your endeavors.

#14     Sep 9, 2020
  5. snowman80

snowman80

forget Al Brooks and go with ‘Trade Like Chuck’

#15     Sep 9, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  6. Look, I may not be an expert trader because of my disability, I have blown out a few times. I am semi-retired and nothing to do, other than getting royalty checks a month and watch the markets. So do not worry about my "time".
    I remember Futures magazine when people actually read a paper magazine, Al Brooks was a regular contributor/speaker. None of these johnny-come-lately trading room operators can come close to his gravitas. Having said that, I am willing to consider Trade-like-Chuck.

#16     Sep 9, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. snowman80

snowman80

i mean i don’t know al brooks from mel brooks but chances that any of these individuals will lead you to promise land are very small

there’s also a possibility that whatever they are putting out there may be detrimental to your progress

so be selective who you listen to

#17     Sep 9, 2020
    SimpleMeLike and TimtheEnchanter like this.
  8. I would agree if Al Brook thought Fib, Astro Trading, esoteric indicators...he just teaches price action, akin tape reading, nothing fancy or complicated YET known well by very few. Most people are distracted by fancy indicators, Fib, Gann, Astro, tea leafs etc.

#18     Sep 9, 2020
    snowman80 likes this.
  9. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

For all I know Al is making a million a year trading (doubt it)

but it doesn't matter because the room and his course are just hind site analysis.

If he is a super duper trader he certainly isn't letting his students know what he does.

Thats for sure.

For a guy that claims to just "want to help" he sure is awfully secretive.

#19     Sep 9, 2020
    Laissez Faire and SimpleMeLike like this.
  10. anyone who thinks fibs arent real shoukdbreally go back and learn some basic math and geometry!!

if i was going to take a class or a room. al brooks would be it. both of his books are highly detailed.

#20     Sep 9, 2020