Al Brooks trading room

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by anituchka, Oct 16, 2010.

1. ATM1

ATM1

#31     Oct 19, 2010
  2. It's a bullshit reason. If he shows his DOM, he shows his live trades, which means its NOT hypothetical, which means he doesnt need the disclaimer at all!

What is said here is that he wants to call out trades, that may or not be profitable, that may or not be followed by him, that may or not have an edge.

Basically, the room could be led by the bullshitting neighbour next door and you wouldn't know the difference.

Now I know why 99% of people lose their money "trading"... more like they aren't trading, just following peoples bad advice and gambling.

Man I just love the gullibles!:D Thanks for the laugh guys!

#32     Oct 19, 2010
  3. spd

spd

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

#33     Oct 19, 2010
  4. no, but maybe you were? :eek:

#34     Oct 20, 2010
  5. RobertG

RobertG

its really more about how they react to things as oppose to being reflected in the charts. it's good stuff..really.

#35     Oct 24, 2010
  6. SteveH

SteveH

Al alluded to why he wrote the book. He said that it was his hope to get hired as a trading consultant [kinda like getting on the lecture circuit...you know, the easy money with no risk.]

Now, as for Woodie...

kiwi_trader said:

"To the people who said trades are called in Woodies room - years ago Woodie stopped calling them himself after he received some legal advice."

Woodie stopped doing a lot of things years ago...trading, in general, comes to mind. P.T. Barnum would have been mighty proud to have had a guy like him in his organization.

#36     Oct 30, 2010
  7. Showing a DOM means absolutely nothing....it does not prove whether it is a sim account or real money account.

As I understand it , the CFTC disclaimer does not have to be used if the offerer is strictly educational ( learn how to trade) and does NOT provide any recommendations.

And....please NEVER pay for chat rooms....stay away.

NiN

#37     Oct 31, 2010
  8. lsubeano

lsubeano

his room is great for educational purposes.

listen to his comments, read his book and posts in the forum and you should be on your way to be a profitable trader.

#38     Jan 16, 2011
  9. GiantDog

GiantDog

I wonder how long it takes to make what Al said in one of his first articles. I think it was "if you can make just a point a day trading 100 contracts you can make over $1,000,000 a year".

Think anyone in Al's room is making that much?

#39     Jan 20, 2011
  10. Obviously you didn't get the point Al Brooks was trying to make about about WAITING for the right setups. How as traders we get paid to make money and not judged by our ability to execute a large number of trades.

I find this thread interesting, it seems to have attracted all the feeble minded traders who want to be spoon fed trades, rather than thinking for themselves what Al Brooks teaches. A dozen posts about NFA rules.

#40     Jan 20, 2011