Al Brooks - Trading Price Action Trends

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mark_mm, Jan 2, 2012.

1. vic911

vic911

Hello, seems like most Al's adherents love complicated trading. Do you think that when you learn how to spot all of Al's or price setups you will make money? It's looks like using a good old stack of indicators which overwhelming each other with vivid colors. People, you forgot that he mention in his 1st book. It's just a guideline. And one more thing, do you think that Al knows for sure when probability 40% or 60% is? I don't want to say that he is cheating, but that he has a skill which you can't find in books. And 1/2 risk/reward ratio with at least 40% probability or 1/1 r/r with more that 60% you will see by learning his approach? Sorry, but no. You have to create your own rules, your own approach.

#371     Oct 9, 2015
  2. Redneck

Redneck

That is what we've been saying for - oh I don't - forever

People are simply too dense to get past "brooks"

brooks this..., brooks that - brooks..., brooks..., brooks.., blah..., blah...,blah

Use his stuff to learn PA / PA concepts (and yes his writing sucks)

Then apply it to your own trading (said it again)

One's brain should be used for more than simply holding the ears apart / hanging a hat on

Or not

RN

#372     Oct 9, 2015
  3. Q3D

Q3D

"Your own trading"? Are you assuming most people who study Brooks already have a trading plan of their own? You're wrong, Brooks teaches beginners everything they need to learn to "play the violin".

Brooks' inattention to money management and leverage hazards in futures markets leaves little room for the sort of make-it-your-own approach you recommend, unless you recommend sim trading or trading 50 shares of SPY for years first.

#373     Oct 9, 2015
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Case in point ^

RN

#374     Oct 9, 2015
  5. dartmus

dartmus

I have found things brooks teaches that work excellent applied in the precise manner in which he teaches them. His methods work for me because I focused on finding solutions when I encountered problems.

#375     Oct 9, 2015
  6. This is the real E T , more fun than coming to you guys

#376     Dec 19, 2016

7. No Doji processing information

nd.jpg

#377     Dec 19, 2016