Al Brooks - Trading Price Action Trends

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mark_mm, Jan 2, 2012.

1. because I'm not stubbern and gave it another shot

also, if I don't agree with somebody I should at least educate myself and try the effort to see if my remarks are correct

why does al books (he takes your money 3 times now, he increased his trading size) refers in this new book to book nr 2 instead of explaining things in a logical order?

why can't he explain new things when he talks about them and not 50 pages later?

what the hell is wrong with that guy? will he make a really good version in 2013?

#11     Jan 2, 2012
  2. He is a better trader than he is a writer. Accept that and move on.

#12     Jan 2, 2012
  3. I read bar by bar, it was so badly written the new trend book would have to be leaps above the first one in writing style for me to even consider.

In fact Brooks might be a good trader but his writing skills are so poor there is a probably a market somewhere in summarizing him and presenting in a well redacted manner.

#13     Jan 2, 2012
  4. mark_mm

mark_mm

I have noticed your replies in other Al Brooks threads and have to wonder if you are coming to it with too little experience, or are expecting a trading plan handed to you on a plate.

I am under no illusion that reading a book will make you a profitable trader, there has to be hard work and many thousands hours studying charts. I know a trader who printed out years of charts and studied them for years before becoming successful. I think what Brooks book might do is to cut the curve a bit.

#14     Jan 2, 2012
  5. show me his p&l

#15     Jan 2, 2012
  6. mark_mm

mark_mm

I am not a book critic nor a literature professor so would be looking to judge it based on the depth of knowledge it displays. I have read many trading books that are well written but are shallow and are simply rehashes of other trading books.

#16     Jan 2, 2012
  7. mark_mm

mark_mm

Would seeing he was successful make you able to understand his books? Maybe his books require a bit of work to understand, in fact to me that is a good sign it has some meat.

#17     Jan 2, 2012
  8. hkrahra

hkrahra

the point is that i wanted to puke.al brokk book pupke..

#18     Jan 2, 2012
  9. Yes, I understand, is it too much to ask to get good content in a clear well expressed manner?

#19     Jan 2, 2012
  10. mark_mm

mark_mm

Do you find crack helps with your trading?

#20     Jan 2, 2012