Al Brook's trading course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smallStops, Sep 22, 2012.

1. That does not include a dozen other million dollar accounts , each generating $1500 per day in commisions or $20 k per day for all accounts ...or $5m p a without compounding ......................

Add in daily compounding .........guess the scammers need $200 for a course.

What is the scam?:)

#31     Nov 1, 2012
  2. hahahaha
    This is why learning math can help. :)

#32     Nov 1, 2012

3. Shame !I made a mistake in my maths , I just missed a zero

Because I can't do the maths, I want to become a scammer!

#33     Nov 1, 2012
  4. I guess trading is not that easy.
    And for SOME people, after many many years, they need to find a way to get paid for all these many years of trading.

:confused:

#34     Nov 1, 2012
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

That's correct, even if you have a well-tested consistently profitable plan, the odds are very high that you will be unable to trade it manually or, if automated, to avoid messing with it.

Why did Al Brooks take all that time to write his books and create his course, and why does he have a live trading room by subscription where you can hear his analysis of price action in real time? Maybe because he's altruistic, maybe because he's made so much from the market he wants to share with others, or maybe because he doesn't have a mindset for trading and so makes a living teaching about trading.

Does it matter which of the above is the case?

No, absolutely not. Because if you master his strategies and have the mindset to implement the ones you choose to trade, you'll be a consistently profitable trader, and if you don't, you can become a teacher, or at the very least you can troll around trading forums and insist that small traders lose, TA is worthless junk science, and everyone who writes a trading book or offers a course is a snake oil peddler.

#35     Nov 1, 2012
  6. The best teacher in trading I had was a lad, who has traded basically unsuccessfully all his life. For some reasons, BEFORE we even signed the check, he explained that he can't trade, and the best way to learn was to see what not to do, etc...
    But he would explain everything he had came across and that he had never managed to really make money from it.
    For some reasons we booked on his course . :D

We were not disappointed. It was 2 months of pure fun , and he himself at the end of the sessions would be pointing out what not to do... that he himself was doing live in his tiny account.
    Nothing better than when he called a long, and the price kept going down... and he himself would be pointing it out and showing his red p&l... I still can not understand how he managed more than 80 losers in a row :confused:

#36     Nov 1, 2012
  7. Actually , I can give you a written method , it makes 150 pips a week with maximum drawdown of 300 , it is that easy.You just follow the written method , and trade $100 per pip , 15 trades a week average.That is $15 k per week , and the rest from managed accounts..like $50m p a.

But you won't see me peddling snake oil !Those who do , need your $200 for a course.I don't.

Do you want that written method , it is only one page long?walobs courses.It is as simple as below.

Rules to enter long bias:

Rules to enter short bias sell:

Re-entry

Entry at trendline

Reverse and close :

Number of positions

Position size to start:

Stop loss :

Target 1
    Target 2

mbe

Trailing stop:

Exit on trade:

Chart
    Pair

Delete limit orders

Delete pending orders:

Delete all order :

#37     Nov 1, 2012
  8. oilfxpro,

I really thank you for your offer. However, the main reason I failed at the combine is , at the time, I had to deal with some parasites - unwanted people - who forced some offensive material to my attention and this disturbed me mentally. I did not first understand the causes, but my coach pointed these out to me.
    Yes, the mind is a beautiful thing to be protected, and I never really understood that. Now, that I have legal ways to slap back, my mind is much better - more at peace, so the trading is more natural.
    Your template anyway is very very good and any noobs will do well to use it.

#38     Nov 2, 2012
  9. What you see on courses is snake oil ,and disturbing agendas of brainwashing new traders into a more confused state of mindset.You pay for the initial course , to be be marketed , more snake oil courses ,seminars , and education to be paid for with more confusion.

K I S S is very good for trading profitably , unfortunately everything Al brooks stands for is detrimental to my trading successfully.

#39     Nov 2, 2012
  10. Al Brooks may be a good trader (don't know--he doesn't really reveal his own trades or his own trading account), but he is a poor communicator.

Think about it.

First he wrote a long book, but that wasn't enough space to clearly elucidate his trading approach??

So he took what he wrote in that one book and expanded the material into THREE long books. I read all three, and many of the problems from the first book were still there.

His three books were about as verbose and undisciplined as the first one. The reader just ended up around $240 poorer if she bought them at the recommended price.

So now he takes what he wrote in one book--no three books--and places the material in a series of around 45-50 Powerpoint presentations??

Perhaps he should just stick to trading. Apparently he just cannot teach. And that is fine. Nothing wrong with that--unless one keeps selling teaching.

#40     Nov 2, 2012