Al Brooks Trading Best Pice Action

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Ares, Aug 6, 2011.

1. He mentioned he wanted to write a book for his daughters. So that when they see it in bookstores they can point to it and go, "Oh thats my dad."

#41     Aug 11, 2011
  2. YOu need to understand, you are dealing with a Noble Prize nominee in price action with Proflogic. So show some due respect!

surf:D :D

#42     Aug 12, 2011
  3. Hey troll I see you don't yet have your substance abuse under control yet. Still stalking me I see.
    Your new wife kick you out of the house yet for loosing all of her money trading?
    You ever going to reopen your journal thread to explain to everyone about your shitty trades you left hanging and to apologize to everyone for deleting posts on your trades?

#43     Aug 12, 2011
    mangolassi likes this.
  4. Never read Al Brooks but some things are very clear,...

1. Many traders have benefited greatly from his books

2. Many traders hate everything about it from poor writing style to every set up

So what's new? If it didn't help you but it helped many others, your criticism means very little.

As for talk of needing profit statements for 20 years and what are Al's motives, it is just proving the serious lack of judgement being exercised. Al might be a hopeless trader - I have no idea - but that doesn't mean he is not a great ideas man.

One of the most powerful tools I use was developed by a rookie who had less than 3 months profitable trading under his belt. I'd have lost a golden opportunity if I had said I'm not interested unless you can prove the long term success of what you have there. Come back and talk to me in 20 yrs and if you are profitable over that time period I will want to know your motives for showing me this.

As one guy once wrote, ideas are a dime a dozen but the man who puts them into practice is worth a million.

Saying you found it worthless is perfectly valid if you recognize others have benefited for what ever reason. Then if it's not for you... move on rather than banging a drum :)

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people on ET who want to tell others what doesn't work instead of saying, here, look at this: this is how to make it work.

#44     Aug 12, 2011
  5. This is a fair analysis. But should only pro Al Brooks comments be allowed on this thread? I thought ET was a forum where people can debate the merits of certain authors, strategies, etc. Is it really wrong to criticize Al Brooks? I think his approach teaches to trade noise and ultimately to churn ones' account. Why should that view be silenced? Just because other people assume that Brooks helped their trading? Maybe, maybe not. It's pretty ridiculous for people to try to silence dissent.

#45     Aug 12, 2011
  6. His approach teaches one to read price action, bay by bar. This can be applied to longer term charts (swing & position charts) and he states this.

I don't think anyone is trying to silence anything, just trying to accurately portray what he does.

#46     Aug 12, 2011
  7. Lol ok,

I wonder if George Soros, John Paulson or any profitable HF manager also trades bar by bar?

#47     Aug 12, 2011
  8. Brooks is a small retail trader that has found an edge. Soros and Paulson are huge institutional traders and can easily make money based on size.

They don't need to read bars, they make bars.

Could they benefit from learning to read bars, maybe but their arrogance will never allow them to look.

#48     Aug 12, 2011
  9. Lol @ you suggesting that George Soros or John Paulson can learn anything worthwhile about trading from "bar by bar" Al Brooks...actually they may learn what not to do.

I could just picture Soros bet the farm on huge $ trades every 5 minutes from Brooks' trading signals (if the scalability existed)

Nothing personal but I highly disagree with that opinion

#49     Aug 12, 2011
  10. Watch the movie "Moneyball" or read the book and learn what the arrogant said couldn't be done.

#50     Aug 12, 2011