Al brooks says breakouts provide the largest edge for a trader yet...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 30, 2013.

1. you might be right, i thought i heard him say 13 contracts.

the only thing that matters to me is why haven't we heard what AL is making?

#51     Mar 31, 2013
  2. Sadly, it doesnt look like it.

I was surprised to see the ninetrans guy was making so little

the guy has obviously done a huge amount of homework on this and really knows his stuff

disappointing to see that someone so experienced, knowledgeable, and well-versed on these matters is making the annual income of a retail mall worker

there are a couple of guys on BMT who scalp CL and from what I can tell are stuck in a similar income bracket. They are the only profitable journals I have seen there. Both are smart, hard working guys who lost careers in the real estate collapse. One of them blew out last fall during an unsuccessful attempt to increase his size. He quit trading and his doc put him on antidepressants, but he has since started up again. The other is still plugging away at it.

there isn't a lot out there to be encouraged by, that's for sure.

#52     Mar 31, 2013
  3. Frankly it is a minor point in my mind -- 13 or 24. A guy that takes out 10 pts. daily from ES with consistency is so talented however he decides to play it will work just fine.

#53     Mar 31, 2013
  4. You work at Taco Bell???

I have never suggested this before but in your case I suggest that you go sell drugs on your local street corner instead

#54     Mar 31, 2013
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

True, but if you roll just a bit down, there he is, introducing himself and selling his books, so in my book that qualifies as one's website... :)

It also says:

"Welcome
    I am Al Brooks, MD, and I daytrade E-mini futures, stocks, and options for a living."

Basicly, it is a website ran for him by his followers, but his Youtube channel also links to here. Pretty comfortable....

#55     Mar 31, 2013
  6. Al Brooks is like a fucking unicorn...no one's ever seen him trade live or call a trade in realtime

#56     Mar 31, 2013
  7. My initial research reveals the guy has zero financial pedigree and absolutely zero evidence of success or ability. Why do folks even read books like these, when there is so much literature from actual proven traders? I just don't get it. It must be poor lost souls that just want their preconceived ideas confirmed.

surf

#57     Mar 31, 2013
  8. LOL !

Looks like it's open season on Al this weekend. :D

Here come the torches and pitchforks!

Rumor has it Al and his wife, NoDoji, have gone into hiding until things die down. :D

[​IMG]

#58     Mar 31, 2013
  9. funny enough he has called his exits in real time often. but never the entry.

in his room you'll often hear, 'just got out of the rest at 4pts' but the entry? nothing.

#59     Mar 31, 2013
  10. I was once in a room where the chat leader did stuff like that.

it's a sure sign of snake oil in my opinion

it is of no value to anyone, and the only purpose it serves is to boost his own credibility

that's like posting: "Ok, I'm selling the ES long position that I took back in March 2009"

:D

#60     Mar 31, 2013