Al brooks says breakouts provide the largest edge for a trader yet...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, looks like everyone has reading comprehension problems here. Unless you mistakenly left out the word "points", what you heard was Al makes 10-15 TRADES, not points per day.

So 10-15 trades can be as little as 2.5-4 points per day (even less if we count breakeven as not losing trades), hard to do consistently everyday (but that wasn't the claim), but not impossible...

Care to restate what exactly did you hear???

#12     Mar 31, 2013
  2. slugar

slugar

My point is you can get some good out of his books and his claims might not be true but how do we know? I'm very early in developing my method and if I can get one piece of advice from brooks that helps me to become a good trader some day I really don't care what he claims!

#13     Mar 31, 2013
  3. #14     Mar 31, 2013
  4. where did i state that brooks said he made 10-15 points per day? find where i said that.

i said he takes 10-15 TRADES per day and has many days without a LOSS. you dope. go back reread what i wrote, then go slap yourself for not paying attention.

#15     Mar 31, 2013
  5. :D

#16     Mar 31, 2013
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Apparently, some people read it that way, and you didn't correct him...

Just clearing up the dust....

By the way the 2 claims are nothing spectacular, only if you put them together, which wasn't meant to be...

#17     Mar 31, 2013
  7. right, anyone can make 15 trades per day. but, many days without losing, that IS a spectacular claim. with all the stuff he's written over the years, i cant find how that is possible for an individual trader at home using his mouse and tradestation charts.

also though, he did clearly state he has a 'friend' that makes 10 pts a day. that he did say, clear as day, no question, i'd bet my life on it.

#18     Mar 31, 2013
  8. not necessarily... small edge, tight stop, happens often, 90% win rate == you do not lose.

#19     Mar 31, 2013
  9. lol, i cant tell if you're being serious or joking around.

tight stop and 90% win rate is a mathematical impossibility.

a while back i actually had 90% win rate for about a couple months and made many trades. i didnt have a stop though. that didnt end well.

#20     Mar 31, 2013