Al Awlaki's Son, Other Local Militants Killed in Yemen Air Strike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Oct 15, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I dot know what Obama is allowing the army to do over there, but it seems like we end up nailing another one of these sons of bitches every single week. Hopefully now that we got Al Awlaki, his son, and his cousin, the next target is the donkey who conceived all of them.

Kudos to Obama for his mid east policy. He is like the Michael Jordan of turban burning.

Apparently the drone strikes are working.

SANAA, Yemen – A son of the U.S.-born Al Qaeda cleric Anwar Al Awlaki was among seven suspected jihadist militants killed in a trio of apparent U.S. air strikes in Yemen, a member of his tribe said Saturday.

"Abderrahman Anwar Al Awlaki was killed in the raid," the tribal source said, adding that he received confirmation from the militant-controlled Yemeni hospital where the dead and wounded from Friday evening's strikes were taken.

Apart from Abderrahman, 21, the strikes also killed a cousin of Awlaki and three other members of the Awlaki tribe, the source said.

He said that the other three included Sarhan Al Qussa'a, brother of Fahd Al Qussa'a, a leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula that he said was on a U.S. wanted list.
    Anwar Al Awlaki himself was killed in a U.S. drone strike on Sept. 30, which President Barack Obama hailed as a "major blow" to Al Qaeda worldwide.

U.S. intelligence officials believe Awlaki was linked to a U.S. army major charged with shooting dead 13 people in Fort Hood, Texas, and to a Nigerian student accused of trying to blow up a U.S. airliner on Dec. 25, 2009.

He was also believed to be the leader of external operations of AQAP.

Also killed in the strikes was the media chief of the jihadist network, a local official said Saturday.
    "Three strikes, apparently American, which were launched against positions held by Al Qaeda militants in Azzan, one of the group's bastions, killed seven of them, including the Egyptian, Ibrahim Al Banna'a," the local official said.

The Yemeni defense ministry confirmed the deaths, but insisted that Friday evening's strikes in Shabwa province -- a militant stronghold east of the main southern city of Aden -- were carried out by its own forces.

One of the strikes hit a mosque near the primary target of the strike, a local official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    A number of suspected militants were also wounded and were taken to the Azzan hospital, which is under the control of the militants, he added.

The Yemeni defense ministry confirmed that Banna'a was among the seven suspected Al Qaeda militants killed, adding that he was wanted "intentionally" for "planning attacks both inside and outside Yemen."

Banna'a was "in charge of the media arm of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula" and was one of the group's "most dangerous operatives," the ministry added.

Yemen routinely denies that the United States carries out offensive operations on its territory, insisting that it plays a purely logistic and intelligence role in support of Yemen's own counter terror operations.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/1...-media-chief-six-others-killed/#ixzz1aqU09auU

2. Mercor

Mercor

The Drones are working.
    There is an open question, could these terrorist been captured alive?
    Would that be better for intelligence purposes? I don't think Obama even wants that.

So, if the policy is to shoot to kill. Would this hold true wherever the find the target?
    If you can fire a missile at a combative American citizen in Yemen the Government should be able to do the same thing if they find a target in Atlanta, Detroit or some USA location.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Indeed it is a slippery slope, i am kind of in between on this one.

The one side of me agrees that it is a dangerous slope to allow the government to take out american citizens.

The other side of me says if you dont hang out with jihadists, and are not a threat to the U.S. you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

This scenario is kind of a catch 22, where the biggest threat is what some corrupt asshole could do with the power in the future.

As it stands right now the drone strikes are clearly working, so i will take that in an instant over full out military involvement in these countries, even though every conservative bone in my body says that it is wrong to allow the government to have this kind of power.

4. We need to step up our drone attacks on Pakistan too.

5. Mercor

Mercor

When will Drones be flying over OWS?

6. Obama is a f'n gangsta when it comes to this shit. You wanna do a high tech drive-by the right way, aka drones, put a brutha on the job.
    Keep kicking it OB and kill dem mofo's. Word!

7. Max E.

Max E.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. :D

Obama probably blasts this tune when he gets the hydraulics bumping on airforce one, as he picks apart jihadists 1 by 1. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o1lZQEeLjrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. USA must send in the drones against Syria and Iran too.

All muzzies hate the USA, so its good to have a widescale war.

9. I am delighted that we killed this 21 year old Muzzie piece of terrorist sh1t.

The drones are working brilliantly.

We should send drones in to kill the Syrian and Iranian terrorist leadership.

Muzzie terrorists everywhere wish us harm, so we should kill 'em before they can harm us.

God bless Israel and USA, brothers united against the dark forces of Islamic Evil.

10. jem

jem

the terror on the terrorists is the most delicious irony.

#10     Oct 16, 2011