Akselrod Sends Campaign Mailer To "Negrohood"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 30, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

A Democratic Assembly candidate whose campaign sent mailers using the word “negrohood” to residents in his Sheepshead Bay district apologized Wednesday — calling the racially tinged language a “typo.”

“As the candidate, I take full responsibility for this inadvertent error and I am sorry to anyone who was offended by it,” Ben Akselrod, who’s running in the Sept. 13 Democratic primary against Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz, said in a statement.

The Friends of Ben Akselrod sent the mailers last week, claiming that his opponent “has allowed crime to go up over 50% in our negrohood so far this year.”

Akselrod didn’t specify Wednesday whether his campaign intended to use the word “neighborhood” instead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-pol-negrohood-mailer-a-typo-article-1.1147632

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL!

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol that is quite a typo...

4. Neighborhood or Negrohood? I can see how that could happen. No really, it could.:eek:

5. pspr

pspr

:D

6. There goes the negrohood.

I'm so glad he's a democrat which means he could not possibly have done this on purpose.

Unless......he was somehow influenced by the tea party. Somebody needs to get Chris Mathews on this to find out for sure.