AK 47 and I agree

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Why in the world do you think numbers pulled out of the air would solve anything?

This has already been analyzed and thought out. It's called Simpson-Bowles and we should just do it.

It's not perfect and it would be painful but it beats the shit out of arbitrary numbers.

#11     Dec 22, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

AK 47 and I agree

So does a rock and a stick.

#12     Dec 22, 2012
  3. more like guarantees to old people.
    social insecurity, medifraud, pubic pensions

did I miss anything?

#13     Dec 22, 2012
  4. Evidently I've been far too lenient on your sorry ass oldtime.

Perhaps that's because you're nothing but a bomb throwing troll.(who'll always take the position of devil's advocate to garner attention)

Anyway , just putting you on notice that your grace period has been canceled motherfucker.

#14     Dec 22, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why the desperation to convince us?

#15     Dec 22, 2012
  6. wjk

wjk

Some pretty good ideas. I wonder if any in congress would go along with such changes.

#16     Dec 22, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

The fox is guarding the hen house.
    Corruption has permeated our government.
    That's why our constitution no longer is effective.
    There weren't enough safeguards put in place.
    The people who founded the country couldn't imagine the filth that would ever be able to gain control.

#17     Dec 22, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

I always felt the lack of term limits was a mistake. The founders believed that the voting booth was the term limit. Perhaps they didn't realize that voters could be bought just as politicians could.

#18     Dec 22, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

Exactly. But trying to get them in now is nearly impossible. No more that just a few sitting Senators and Represenatives would ever support it.

We were fortunate that we got term limits on the President when we did.

#19     Dec 22, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

In their defense back then only productive responsible citizens could vote. That being the case you wouldn't necessarily need term limits. Now of course anyone with a heart beat can vote. They don't have to be productive they don't have own property and they don't have to pay taxes they don't even have to be registered voters. Hell, even dead people and Disney characters vote these days. Hence the need for term limits now.

#20     Dec 22, 2012