airlines

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Apr 22, 2008.

1. more hot air landis?

#21     Apr 22, 2008
  2. how many times were the homebuilders going under in the last 2 years yet they had at least 5 different 20-50% runs. fear creates opp.

#22     Apr 22, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

true, the last time I bought the homebuilders was when I bought XHB around $17.50, sold it for $18 and change and waited for the next pullback, there wasnt, jumped up as high as $24 in the last few weeks. Even if a sector is taken down so low, you can catch bounces here and there.....look at the financials about a month ago, they even bounced 20-30% from there lows....I would be buying the airlines ONLY FOR A TRADE, oil is going parabolic at this point, its getting ready to correct....

#23     Apr 22, 2008
  4. You mean just like you've completely forgotten about the DUG purchase that you allegedly made last week in the 31 handle?

Pulleeeeeeeeze.

Stop with the BS and go back to getting paid by Baron for your "cut and paste" posts. At least that way, you'll be able to make enough money to keep paying your cable bill so that you can continue watching CNBC for quotes.

Only 29 posts today???
    You must be losing your touch.
    :eek:

#24     Apr 22, 2008
  5. Im thinking these can easily surge 20-30% if oil were to come back down to an even $100.

Not going to happen anytime soon. Oil is on a tear to 120 here shortly. Worst case predictions in our office (actually great for us) is oil at 175 by August.

As long as the dollar continues to make its way lower, which I can't think of any reason the dollar will reverse at this point, Oil will keep going up.

Not to mention all the Energy in the new INDUSTRAL BOOM over China and India.

Playing the airlines long with all the "data" pointing to many Airlines to go under bankrupt security, if they can make it out alive, is definilty catching a falling sword.

The smoke is starting to clear across the whole Economic spectrum, we are looking at one of the most serious end results, not seen since the great depression.

Of course, not sure if "DEPRESSION" is on the radar but some serious events are heading our direction.

Market is holding pretty damn strong in the face of what is coming to light.

Overall, the divergence is the "ECONOMY" and the "MARKETS". If the economy, we will soon see who wins. Elections are around the corner.

#25     Apr 22, 2008
  6. yada yada yada. we heard the same shit that every bank and broker was going under the last 3 months yet they've had 3 different 20-30% rallies. the negative sentiment on the homebuilders going bk was as great as any group in history yet we had 5 massive rallies at a min. nobody's saying the airlines aren't in deep shit but nothing goes straight to zero and these have been in panic selloffs for weeks now and today was the mother of all panic selling with monster vol so a turn could be near

#26     Apr 22, 2008
  7. shfly

shfly

AMR...as an investment...just have a feeling they might be heading into CH 11, just to get rid of some of the cost that DAL, NWA, LCC and UAUA shed during CH 11...Hopefully not...

AirTran (AAI) had an awful 1st quarter, only about $350 milion in cash (roughly)...maybe the next CH 11 candidate??? Descent East Coast routes...

JetBlue (JBLU) has a very good position on the East Coast...where it's all about gates & slots (takeoff/landing)...Lufthansa bought appx 19% of the company. Very descent 1st. quarter...

LCC, (reporting on Thurs. 24th), has almost $3 billion in cash, a superb position on the East Coast, and should be a potential partner in any merger...1st quarter will be a tell, compared to AMR and the huge UAUA loss.

CAL is a great company, smaller 1st qt loss, looking for a merger partner...

DAL & NWA...What is there to say?...Merging...or trying to...

MESA and/or XJT will most likely be the first CH 11 candidates...

Who knows where oil will be in 6 months...maybe $80'ish...

:D

#27     Apr 22, 2008
  8. airlines may be a good buy here and I recommend AMR. people still need to fly even if the economy slows.

If oil falls $5 or so airline stocks will surge. The charts are bad, but so were the homebuilder and financial stocks and all of them made very sharp rebound rallies.

Start by scaling in. dont buy all at once. werd/.

#28     Apr 22, 2008
  9. s2007: I don't trade for pennies....I've been short the airlines since this: AMR avg cost 22.74..UAUA 43.12...NWA 26.2....DAL 25.74....LCC 48.31....I've been trading around a core short for the past 2 1/2 years. Commitment to a trade is where the big money is made...stock as I recall you sade AMR was a great buy in the 20's...your credibility takes another rouge wave across the bow!

#29     Apr 22, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

SOLD AT $8.45 This morning....

15% + Gain....

Buying back AMR after its next drop below $7.00 next time around....

#30     Apr 29, 2008