Airlines - a short?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Babak, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Babak

Babak

I'm looking at the airline sector (both regional, major and foreign) and there are some really great shorts setting up. Coupled with, what I think to be, a toppy market, this could be interesting.

Specifically, I'm looking at PNCL, XJT, JBLU, DNT, AMR, FRNT, NWAC, DAL, among others.

Any opinions?

2. Pabst

Pabst

Always an interesting sector to short. Jeez, you never know which one can go bust. Let's see, United, US Air, TWA, Pan Am, Eastern, Kiwi, Midway, Peoples Expess, ATA, National, Mohawk, Piedmont, Ozark, Braniff, Swiss Air .................

3. Babak

Babak

I think USAir is on the pink sheets (homey don't play that) but I'll take a look at some you suggested.

btw have you cleaned out your inbox? I wanted to pm you but couldn't.

4. Pabst

Pabst

Yea my inbox is open. Thanks for the heads up!

5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

uairq is the ticker, i wouldn't short that one...i also wouldn't short jblu because i feel uairq is too cheap and jblu isn't a bad company that can crash

6. Babak

Babak

I agree that shorting USAir is not that smart but what does being a goog company have to do with shorting JBLU?

Like people didn't say Enron was 'a good company' before? I'm not equating them but just pointing out that it irrelevant. I trade off charts not off reputations. Take a look at the chart and tell me why you would/wouldn't short it.

7. Babak

Babak

btw JBLU -0.36 today

8. KevinK

KevinK Guest

The stock looks oversold and I would feel better shorting a POS like delta then shorting jblu

9. Babak

Babak

:confused:

Delta is much more oversold than JBLU...anyway, I'm taking a basket approach.

10. KevinK

KevinK Guest

but delta has financial issues, jetblue does not. we have conflicting methods of analysis.

#10     Aug 8, 2005