Airbnb enjoys 89 percent revenue growth, report says

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Sep 2, 2016.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Airbnb enjoys 89 percent revenue growth, report says
    Airbnb's revenue hassoared 89 percentcompared to the same time last year, according to a report from Slice Intelligence, which gathers data from electronic receipts. The home-sharing app's growth exceeded that of traditional hotel booking sites like Priceline, Orbitz and Expedia.(San Francisco Business Times)

zdreg and Apophenia like this.
  2. As revenues grow, so the quality of guests decays.
    Says I, as an occasional airbnb host :(

3. Anacreon

Anacreon

Huge opp for wise investors on both the short .& long side

4. You're saying volatility is underpriced?

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

I was thinking about this whole AirBnB/Uber thing.

They kinda get around all the the govt licensing BS, at least out of the gate. Anybody can open an AirBnB.... with or without smoke detectors and an emergency evac plan tacked to the back of the door. Does it matter? Probably not. The point is is.....

There are dozens of businesses that can adopt this model.

Think old people, that need care....

Think of all the trades. Plumbing, electricians, etc and blah blah.

The whole model is based on saying F-you to the establishment. And they are getting away with it.

... The times they are a changin'.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  6. Meh. It's young people misunderstanding why regulation is there. Have one drunk aggressive guest, or one kitchen fire, one hooker / drug dealer renting from you, and the hotel regulations suddenly make sense.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its gonna happen. No doubt.

Too bad there's not a lawyer ETF. I'd go long that one.

8. Anacreon

Anacreon

they have a multi million insurance product backing and protecting the users air bnb

9. Fanciful.

10. Anacreon

Anacreon

Reality-- it is the same edge that uber has and why every one cant set up a peer to peer program-- its the magic sauce and its called INSURANCE---

#10     Sep 6, 2016