Air Car 1000 Mile Range 94mph

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, May 29, 2008.

1. Excellent Commentary
    ....................................................................................

Crooks are everywhere....so beware....and above all ....guard your wallets and minds....
    ....................................................................................

Looks like Tata Motors signed an agreement in Feb 2007 with the MDI company to further develop the air engine....

http://www.tatamotors.com/our_world/press_releases.php?ID=281&action=Pull

......................................................................................

Tata also has just released the Nano....a $2500 US$ car....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Nano

The needs of developing countries demand different mobile solutions than developed countries....and Tata seems to be concentrating some of their efforts in this segment....

However they also just bought Jaquar from Ford which is certainly quite the opposite segment of demand....

Hopefully they will succeed with this one....The MDI version would
    be perfect for some parts of Latin America....

#11     May 30, 2008
  2. piezoe

piezoe

My gut instinct tells me that it will not be possible to obtain enough energy density in stored air (even if liquified at large energy cost) to make an air powered car practical. However if compressed air is mixed with a combustible vapor, there is a chance. No wait, i think someone has already thought of that. I think it is called the internal combustion engine.

#12     May 30, 2008
  3. #13     May 30, 2008
  4. Nope....I have better aircraft and a better plan. :cool:

#14     May 30, 2008
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Air?

What volume at what pressure? It sounds like a freaking bomb. If a fender-bender takes out a city block its unlikely it would ever be approved for the U.S..

#16     May 30, 2008
  6. by the way.... what's the wave impedance of free space?

#17     May 30, 2008
  7. 377 ohms

#18     May 31, 2008
  8. keiha

keiha

This seems plausible to me... why wouldn't air pressure generate sufficient force? The tank would have to be proven safe of course.

IMO, we were lucky that portable energy (oil) was the cheapest energy. Name another product where you get the travel size for less than the bulk price.

I don't think we're facing an energy problem... we have plenty of alternatives (eg solar, nuclear, wind). The problem is the corporations don't want to lose their cash cow. And how does the government tax the output of solar panels? A "sun tax" would be a tough sell.

#19     May 31, 2008
  9. It will never be approved for the u.s. Not because of safety, but to protect the oil behemoths and their profits.

#20     May 31, 2008