Aig

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Sep 11, 2008.

1. awfully big gap down. And you know, if the SEC doesn't step in, and they can't w/o comment periods, etc., the manipulators will lean all over this and MER. Why not take the easy trades. If it is a trend reversal, and it's not with the gap down, you'll have time.

I mean, CALM was just reported w/104% short interest. What's changed?

#11     Sep 11, 2008
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Interesting, I was looking at adding CALM to my IRAs today, but thought I'd see if there'd be a dip below $30. Probably a nice short squeeze in the making now.

#12     Sep 11, 2008
  3. Nope. Just when you thought it wouldn't go lower, lower it goes.

#13     Sep 12, 2008
  4. I have car insurance with AIG. What happens if I get into a car accident and these guys are toast?

#14     Sep 12, 2008
  5. Insurance companies are 'reserved'. The money they blew was theirs. Generally, another carrier comes in and picks up the business. We used tp pitch annuities like 'no one has ever lost a penny in an annuity', because they never did.

In 1983, Baldwin United went out, and Met Life picked it all up. Down here, we had some P and C guys go out. The States have some leeway on an individual basis, also. They don't talk about it, or allow their agents to talk about it.

But, if you're really concerned, why not call your Insurance Commissioner's office. The avg guy doesn't know about this, so you'll get rigiht through. Post what they tell you. You'll help a bunch of folks out.

Good luck.

#15     Sep 12, 2008
  6. Aig insures 10% of everything in the path of IKE, so I"m told.

Ouch. And I think, at these prices, a cap raise is out of the question.

#16     Sep 12, 2008
  7. No.

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. why does it keep going up???
    i understand the shorts are covered.. now what?

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

Some company such as Manulife want to have some AIG assets, in order to succeed they have to satisfy AIG shareholders and that could push price up.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. rros

rros

#20     Sep 26, 2008