AIG seeks ANOTHER bailout - $10 billion more

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bond tr4der, Dec 10, 2008.

1. There was VERY heavy opposition to the bailout, in case you were not aware. There is still opposition to it, anywhere from the regular folks to the anchors, commentators, editors, etc.

The auto bailouts get more publicity because Congress is actually making a stance for some desperation Public Relations. But either way, the autos do not deserve the bailout, noone does.

I think the real issues with the Big Three Autos is that they smelled bailout and came asking for money. And now they are getting it.

So what this means is that if you run a failing large corporate, come asking for money and you will get it.

#11     Dec 10, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

My grandpa used to tell me, "when you grow up sonny, try to become an insurance company". I asked, "why would I want to do that"? Grandpa said, "someday you'll understand."

#12     Dec 10, 2008
  3. thedewar

thedewar

i want a bailout... where's the signup sheet... im not greedy, maybe a couple million... not like the billions for citi/aig

#13     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Ditto,

GIMMEE DA LOOTZ!

#14     Dec 10, 2008
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Somebody should call up their congress critter and ask for a bailout. Record it for the net. They could say things like:

"holy crap I need some money right quick. Only people that needs billions have to drive to DC, right? Us small fry can just fill out a form, right? Can I do it online? Do I have to incorporate to get some mulah or can I just form an LLC? Do you offer direct deposit?"

#15     Dec 10, 2008
  6. here's my proposal

give me 100 million in bailout money, and i'll buy a mansion in las vegas, which will help the housing market

and i'll pay enough for hookers that they can get an education and better their lives

everyone wins

#16     Dec 10, 2008
  7. :D ... chuckle

#17     Dec 10, 2008
  8. If they make the movie, it could be called Money Pit 2, I know they could get Shelley Long who starred in the original to play any female role, and to come to think of the Hankster has not been busy lately, maybe he could star as the nobody who is presently running the mess. If they write in the Hank Greenberg role, I say give Roman Polanski his pardon and get him to act the role. He played a character similar to Greenberg in Chinatown.

#18     Dec 10, 2008
  9. just pounded its way back to $1.92....i've been long for a bit, almost back to breakeven - then i'm OUT

#19     Dec 10, 2008