AIG losses hidden!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Oct 26, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

The stories just keep getting better and better, I cant fucking believe what is going on and how nothing is being done about it. $40 Billion hidden in tax payer losses.

Treasury Hid A.I.G. Loss, Report Says
    Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

Neil Barofsky, inspector general for TARP, criticized a Treasury prediction of losses to taxpayers.
    By MARY WILLIAMS WALSH
    Published: October 26, 2010

The United States Treasury concealed $40 billion in likely taxpayer losses on the bailout of the American International Group earlier this month, when it abandoned its usual method for valuing investments, according to a report by the special inspector general for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.

“In our view, this is a significant failure in their transparency,” said Neil M. Barofsky, the inspector general, in an interview on Monday.

In early October, the Treasury issued a report predicting that the taxpayers would ultimately lose just $5 billion on their investment in A.I.G., a remarkable outcome, since the insurance company was extended $182 billion in taxpayer money in the early months of its rescue. The prediction of a modest loss, widely reported as A.I.G., the Federal Reserve and the Treasury rushed to complete an exit plan, contrasted with an earlier prediction by the Treasury that the taxpayers would lose $45 billion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/26/business/26tarp.html?_r=1

2. Fed's choice

1. Default
    2. Inflation
    3. Lies

3. jokepie

jokepie

Obvious choice is Inflation of assets and safegaurd the Insurance AIG has sold.

4. everyone involved with propping up AIG should be charged for racketeering and be jailed. scam of the century.

5. jokepie

jokepie

It started 30 yrs ago man... people who started it are long gone.

6. With mark-to-fantasy rules, anyone can post "profits".