AIG chiefs pressed to donate to Dodd

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jficquette, Mar 30, 2009.

1. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/30/aig-chiefs-pressed-to-donate-to-dodd/

"As Democrats prepared to take control of Congress after the 2006 elections, a top boss at the insurance giant American International Group Inc. told colleagues that Sen. Christopher J. Dodd was seeking re-election donations and he implored company executives and their spouses to give.

Getty Images Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, chairman of the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, has lost some political standing heading into re-election because of his ties to American International Group Inc."

Mr. Dodd's campaign quickly hit pay dirt, collecting more than $160,000 from employees .........

2. Thanks for posting this.

Dodd's slimy fingers are in every financial industry disaster that's occurred: AIG, FNM, FRE, Countrywide, etc.

There is no justice if he doesn't get indicted, or at least thrown out of office next year when his term is up.

He's worse than that Louisiana congressman who got caught with bundles of $100s stuffed into his freezer. Dodd's just more artful in collecting his graft.

3. Illum

Illum

Wasn't his father corrupt and tossed out of the Senate in disgrace? Of course that wont happen with him, this Congress is a den of corruption. I love Rangel's "Don't worry about the allegations against me, we are investigating it, I'll let you know how it turns out."