AIG caught having a SECRET luxury resort meeting

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Unhommefou, Nov 11, 2008.

1. You are right to a degree. But realize the implications on the worthless corpse are scary... When you realize the worthless corpse is a gigantic part of the American economy, the financial services sector, and everything connected.

Next giant subsidy to go down: American healthcare providers. Pharma salesmen make these AIG/broker sleeze look like starving laborers.

#31     Nov 11, 2008
  2. lrm21

lrm21

Taxpayers have no business in this business.

This is what happens with Central Planning.

Who knows if this is a necessary business expense.

AIG should have folded and we wouldnt need to worry about this crap.

#32     Nov 11, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You've obviously never sold much in your life, because only those who have no sales experience say such things. Even the best product's rarely sell themselves.

#33     Nov 11, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

I've sold plenty and still work on deals on occasion. The best deals don't need fancy shmancy, they sell themselves. If you do not know this, then you have never dealt with deals that are worth it. I read years ago that the best deals on Wall Street are presented on simple paper in black & white print with minimal marketing. The fancy shmancy crap is usually just that, crap. Did not really believe it then, but now I know it's true.

AIG is not selling a physical product, they sell worthless services & nonexistent financial assets/products. They were given money to stabilize their operations & "hopefully" get back on their feet. Instead they are doing the same shit they did before.

#34     Nov 11, 2008
  5. Mecro

Mecro

I think you are simply having a problem with acceptance.

1) When the economy of a nation is that dependent on financial services, it's already f**ked.

2) This nation is finished, period. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The real fun starts next year.

3) You're gonna face "the implications" regardless. Just like with an infection being covered with bandaids, you have to face the reality eventually.

I was, am and will be against ANY bailout whatsoever. However, if the government wants to do something, that money should have been distributed to the people, not AIG or the banks. At least they will have some kind of cushion to ease the hyperinflation & currency crisis.

Delaying the problem only makes it worse. The boys in charge of the bailouts know that. They are just pillaging the coffers, that's all. Anyone who knew what's up, knew a long time ago that AIG would never be able to cover the swaps, noone could. It's a joke that there is even a notion that AIG could even be saved.

This whole mess is just a symptom of the monetary system established & designed to do exactly what it is doing. The real solution is letting all these parasitic financial institutions fail, redo the monetary system and start rebuilding this nation. A literal reconstruction, which is no picnic.

#35     Nov 11, 2008
  6. Acqua

Acqua

Communication technology has advanced a lot lately FYI.

What exactly do "financial planners" or any sales people for that matter, learn about the product they're selling that they could not learn through teleconferencing?

No plane tickets, no time wasted on commuting, no hotel rooms, no nasty "wink, wink" hotel food...all from the comfort of a conference room in your own office or even better your own house, your choice.

#36     Nov 11, 2008