AI Driven Psychotherapy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Free consultation with non-directive psychotherapist :D

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/eliza/eliza.php

You: I lack confidence
    Eliza: CAN YOU DEFINE CONFIDENCE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You: lack of trust
    Eliza: COMPUTER DEMONSTRATIONS OFTEN GO WRONG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You: What can I do ?
    Eliza: WHY DO SOME PEOPLE TALK ONLY ABOUT THEMSELVES?
    You: Because people are not machines !
    Eliza: HOW CAN SCHOOLS IMPROVE ATTITUDES TO COMPUTERS?
    You: Eliza you're not so stupid !
    Eliza: WHAT, THEN, IS SO STUPID !
    You: dumb
    Eliza: YOU ARE BEING SOMEWHAT SHORT WITH ME
    You: what short means ?
    Eliza: WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ?
    You: Because I'm not american !
    Eliza: IS YOU REALLY AMERICAN ! ?
    You: Your answer is stupid !
    Eliza: WHAT IF MY ANSWER WERE NOT REALLY STUPID !
    You: You would be intelligent !
    Eliza: WOULD I REALLY BE INTELLIGENT !
    You: Yes
    Eliza: ARE YOU AFRAID SOMEONE WILL LAUGH IF YOU SPEAK OUT?
    You: Are you a psychologist ?
    Eliza: SOMETIMES I AM A PSYCHOLOGIST ? BUT NOT ALWAYS

2. It is the dumbest AI I have come accross on the Internet. That thing is beyond stupid. It's like Artificial Stupidity.

3. Yeah AI is just myth - at the moment at least - that's what I said here :

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22143&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

harrytrader
    Elite Member

09-15-03 08:12 AM

Re: Neural Nets and Genetic Algorithms?
    I'm going to demystify this stuff because there is some huge myth due to the expression "Artificial Intelligence" whereas at the current stage it is rather DUMB ! In fact among scientists AI had lost a lot of credibility until very recent years (until the 1985s). Only the mass public continue to dream on the moon about AI surely because of science fiction films. In the far future perhaps - advances will probably more come from Neurobiologists than from pure AI (although BioInformatics has begin to exist) - but today it is very pretentious to talk about "Intelligence". For example the first time AI lost its credibility was that some demonstrated that it couldn't even solve a simplist XOR problem (exclusive OR) ! Then hidden layers appeared to do that. But it didn't still do any miracle and scientists were still looking at ANN (Artificial Neural Net) as toys. It is since the 1985s that guys unified the ANN field with non-linear statistic field that NN has regained some seriousness. I have met a laboratory in France who is directed by the Pope in France of ANN and who has an international reputation - I remember that but I don't remember his name and his very point of view was that ANN was no more than statistics and that AI is a bullshit as for application to "Artificial Intelligence" per se. "

4. richy

richy

what is this?:confused:

5. Didn't you read ? a "psychotherapist" - driven by a neural network artificial intelligence as claimed on their site.