Ahphie beware of your upcoming surgery....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Patient left short by 'botched' penis operation
    28 January 2003
    A patient has told of his horror when his penis was left shorter and disfigured after an operation to make it bigger.

The 47-year-old, referred to as Mr A, paid Harley Street surgeon Dr Ravi Kant Agarwal £3,250 to perform the technique, the GMC heard.

He was told his penis would be up to 3in longer and 90 per cent wider and his sex life would improve.

But problems started immediately after the operation, which was supposed to take an hour but lasted for three. Mr A said: "I went home to bed. I was in severe pain. My penis was black, my scrotum was black, between my legs was black and the lower part of my buttocks was black. When I first looked at it, I virtually passed out with shock."

There was no improvement after six weeks. "It appeared shorter," Mr A said. "The penis was deformed."

After three months the swelling had gone down, and his penis was half an inch shorter than before. The girth also returned to its previous size, Mr A said.

David Enoch, for the GMC, said the technique involved fat being taken from the stomach and thighs and injected into the shaft of the penis. "It hardly ever works," he added. Another patient, Mr B - a kissogram - told the hearing his penis was left bent after the procedure.

Dr Agarwal, of Stockport, Greater Manchester, denies serious professional misconduct. The case continues.