Ahmadinejad's letter to Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Nov 29, 2006.

1. #11     Nov 29, 2006
  2. Ahmadinejad: <i>Both our nations are God-fearing, truth-loving and justice-seeking, and both seek dignity, respect and perfection.

Both greatly value and readily embrace the promotion of human ideals such as compassion, empathy, respect for the rights of human beings, securing justice and equity, and defending the innocent and the weak against oppressors and bullies.</i>

Really, douchebag? How about <b>gay Iranians</b>? Any compassion, empathy, or respect for <b>them</b>?

<b>Iran: Gay Teens Executed by Hanging</b>

In the city of Mashhad in north-eastern Iran, two gay teens have been executed. One was 18 and the other is thought to have been 16 or 17. First they were lashed 228 times, though. Not long after the execution there were howls of outrage from the Iranian parliament - not at the execution itself, but at the temerity of journalists to report it.

They admitted to having gay sex (probably under torture) but claimed in their defence that most young boys had sex with each other and that they were not aware that homosexuality was punishable by death. Prior to their execution, the teenagers were held in prison for 14 months and severely beaten with 228 lashes. Their length of detention suggests that they committed the so-called offences more than a year earlier, when they were possibly around the age of 16.

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/187568.htm

However, I do admit that the U.S. is still lagging far behind Iran regarding the human rights of opiate addicts. (I'm not being sarcastic here- It's actually true.) Hopefully one day my country's drug policy will be as liberal and compassionate as that of your ruthless theocratic authoritarian regime. It would certainly be a step in the right direction.

#12     Nov 30, 2006
  3. c'mon man don't be totally unfair... for a 7th century faith-based society, they're not doing so bad... in comparison, its been hard to believe it was the 21st century in the US these last couple of years... and if u let falwell have his way, u'll be reading similar news on virginia times etc in no time...

#13     Nov 30, 2006