AHG - Support and Q&A

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Outlawed_One, Mar 25, 2010.

1. I started a thread on price action here.

And it looked like the thread AHG thread is the one that most people have read & referenced regarding price action.

However, the thread is closed and I can't ask questions there. I've done a search and AHG is referenced in so many threads that I was not able to find a thread where people discuss the concepts in the thread. I did see where they started a chat, group, etc. but I actually like the idea of being part of the community here at ET.

So with that said, can someone help me with the thread. I'm stuck on the 1st page. Anek has a picture linked & says that the red verticle are short & the green vertical are long signals.

What are the green & red vertical lines? And how do I put them on a chart? I'm sure its an indicator of sorts, so if it is, then if you could let me know which one I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. I guess it would help if I posted as much info as possible. So here is the post from Anek:

3. jashanno

jashanno

Those are the bars where he entered his trades. He put them on there after the fact to show where he entered.

4. Those are simply vertical markers from the "drawing" menu in TradeStation...it is not an indicator.

5. JScott

JScott

Or where he supposedly entered. Early on, entries were referenced using stochastic crossover based on price action. That's what the indicator is below.

6. ET99

ET99

don't waste your time
    nobody uses this method anymore, it doesn't work.

7. Outlawed, towards the end of the thread, you should find two large Word documents with all the concepts (sorry, you'll have to do a bit of searching to find that; I don't have a link to it). The first 5 to 10 pages are very good, too.

Though the basic concept is very simple, I noticed that two big parts of AHG boil down to subjective aptitude:

1. Looking at the anchor chart to help navigate the lower timeframe chart
    2. The exit technique : i.e., exiting partially, moving stops, etc

These take screen time/experience to conquer. (These are also the reason why Anek tried but was not able to encode the system in a programming language; there are just so many things that one notices when looking at multiple time-frames that are easy for the brain but quite difficult to state programatically).

8. JScott

JScott

Yeah, right . . . nobody looks at different timeframes, support/resistance, price behaviour, etc.

Once again . . . if you think it's a "how-to" that can simply be copied and let the money flow, then you're missing the point.

There is no such thing as "wasting time" in this biz. Every minute spent absorbing any info can ultimately be worthwhile - whether you use it or not. But eventually you have to trade.

Keep trading.

JScott

p.s. the "cheat sheet" is here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1727227&highlight=ahg+reference#post1727227

look for 'ahg reference - hk 002.zip' file

9. does any1 have a latterday 3br indicator for ninjatrader

10. Try "big mikes trading"

#10     Sep 24, 2010