AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asalada

asalada

I am learning hard, and wanted to continue to learn AHG, I was wondering how I can get into the AHG chatroom, it would be wonderful, please.

#6321     Jun 12, 2008
  2. Holt

Holt

Dear Anek,

Since I am sure there is a whole bunch of traders still checking on this journal everyday for new guidance, may I suggest that you post here whenever you find spare time to give us a snapshot of what you guys are doing instead of totaling abandoning this journal; and we will do the guess work by ourselves or even make some possible suggestions.

On the other hand, volume usually goes hand in hand with OI. For example a high vol with a drop in OI is bearish instead of bullish. Did you guys also look at OI? There is a good book by Shaleen on Voume and Open Interest, for those who may want to investigate this subject futhter.

Thanks.

Holt

#6322     Jun 12, 2008
  3. ITR2744

ITR2744

when are you guys doing rollover in NQ? beginning next week or tomorrow?

#6323     Jun 12, 2008
  4. ITR2744

ITR2744

5. Some AHG updates

Volume

The volume application we are implementing is making sure the trend is healthy by combining the beauty of price action of volume based charts and the critical volume definition of 1 minute based charts. Strongly suggest to study the work of Wyckoff in detail.

For instance...

In an uptrend you want expanding volume on the upside, decreasing volume on the downside.

In a downtrend, you want expanding volume on the downside, decreasing volume on the upside.

On top of that, we have implemented this on reversal formations, looking for volume divergence. First leg high volume, second leg much lower volume (buyers or sellers done exhausted).

Last but not least stop run hunting to further improve our entries or scale outs. Little more complicated than the above but worth studying on your own.

Journal Status

As far as committing to the journal, can't do it at this time, really got my hands full as it is with the room and trading plus a new kid on the way.

However, I have not instructed the moderators to close it, so I don't want to say goodbye for now. Sporadic posting perhaps but no commitment whatsoever as I don't want to let anyone down.

Channel Status

We are full and close at this time, it's for my own sanity. Hope this answers some of the recent PMs.

That's it for now back to the busy schedule.

Good trading all,

Anek

#6325     Jun 12, 2008
  6. Yesterday's price action shows a innovative look at Anek Pip festival holy grail. By waiting for lower highs to form and checking confirmation by price action exceeding the low of the LH, u can stay short or add to positions. Ideally, adding to positions would be prudent.

Anek, please rescue me by inviting me to the liveroom, so that I can take this AHG experience further.

I think u dont need trendlines spagetti, as the low of the LH is a pivotal Decision Point.

Any comments appreciated.

#6326     Jun 13, 2008
  7. NQC,

What was your nick in there when it was open ?

Anek

#6327     Jun 13, 2008
  8. A lot of noobies comes to Anek's free lunch Thread, read the entire posts and think that they can simply pick up a 1k vol chart, and cruise the lower highs for shorts and higher lows for longs. Sure it is doable. But as Anek advised me recently, nothing beats screentime.

In this regard, and without really getting any benefit, I would like to advise all adopting AHG to subscribe to ensign at www.ensignsoftware.com. The biggest advantage of ensign, is that they keep playback files. Like for the week of 2-6 June, the playback files are downloadable on the Sunday. Once you have those files, u simply goto open - playback and do a playback of that day or any other day since 1 Jan 2008. U can also download the template 50cciturbo that I am using, priting hh's ll's, U can safely delete some of the chart objects. The good thing with this playback, is that u can choose a playbacl speed of 0, which is the normal speed, or if u think u know AHG, u can set speed at 10X times normal. of course the decision making time is shortened, andu have to make quick decisions.

My guest is that you will make much more progress, doing simulator trades on the playback files, than watching realtime.

Just my 2cents worth of help in appreciating for Anek's free lunch method.

#6328     Jun 13, 2008
  9. it was nqcruiser on office pc and nqlove on home pc, and I want to have the same situation. My thanx goes out to u, youngone, brutus, and unknown soldiers in the chatroom.

plse pm further info.

I intend to keep the fire burning on this ET Thread as well.

#6329     Jun 13, 2008
  10. Holt

Holt

For those who are interested in seeing how volume can help you to pinpoint the end of a retracement, there are very good examples given in the famous book of Edwards and McGee. They also give very nice examples relating volume to various chart patterns. Thanks.

Holt

#6330     Jun 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.