AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andas

andas

Hi

I have now traded a couple of months the NQ - AHG-style

I'm learning every day and are getting smaller and smaller losses. I have so far lost about 600 $ trading one car (paper). I just wonder if these days are very easy to trade AHG, because I'm not profitable at all (although that's not expected after just 2 months trading)?

#6291     Apr 17, 2008
  2. If your losses are declining and only have lost $600 in 2 months you are doing very well. Keep it up and acquire more screentime. Try to recognize when you shouldn't trade. It sounds like you are on the right path.

Good luck!

#6292     Apr 17, 2008
  3. Coudy

Coudy

I have just finished to read Anek's Holy Grail dokument.
    I´d like to ask, if is somebody using successfully "averaging up" method in swing trading?

Thanks.

#6293     Apr 21, 2008
  4. Leonidas

Leonidas

Since AHG is a trend following system, it works better the more the market trends. Always watch how the market is moving. Is it following through? Is it showing the type of price action and movement that benefits your system?

If price is just chopping around in a 2 point range for an hour, and you are buying highs and selling lows, you can get beat up quicker than you think.

#6294     Apr 21, 2008
  5. Anek talks of the need for a positive metal attitude in trade "Winning attitude. A positive mental attitude is essential to succeeding over the long haul, and my definition of a winning attitude is a positive expectancy from our efforts. Take a moment before the trading day begins to see yourself making all the right decisions, waiting for the market to come to you, striking at the correct moment, etc. It's a good way to increase your focus and get into the 'zone'."

The attached article is on Self Belief in Sport and NLP, it discusses many things that a trader can benefit from. Try the NLP exercise over a week at least. Find a relaxed quiet position do some deep breathing/meditation etc then start... when you find your trading, discipline, attitude slipping in the future return to this exercise. Tailor the routine to what you are trying to improve.

Also note the paragraph "The average sportsman tries not to worry as he/she thinks about what is at stake and the potential consequences of failure. The ability to deal with failure can heighten or hinder your belief in your ability and learning how to deal with it should be taught at an early age as failure is an integral part of sport. How it is handled can be the most important determinant of how successful an athlete becomes. Baseball players experience massive amounts of failure, even the elite players find that 70% of their efforts end in failure."

You realize the importance of this when you see that most traders have a low win loss ratio (< 50%).

Anek - Key to trading is entering wisely, cutting losses short, letting winners run, sounds like a cliche, but that's really all there is to it.

#6295     May 7, 2008
  6. bprice

bprice

Hey BB..Thanks for the article. I will check it out. Good to hear from you guys again!
    Do miss Anek's comments on here. (and others as well) Was AHG all the way today on the NQ.....lower highs and lower lows all day...loved it. Regards to Anek,

B Price

#6296     May 7, 2008
  7. Thanks BB for the article,
    yeah this thread is a real gem,
    missing Anek and others people post
    now.
    Are you still active in chat?
    Anyway studied the entire thread
    a lot of useful information.
    Thanks Anek and everybody for
    posting this.

See ya

bye

#6297     May 8, 2008
  8. Trades for 05.15.08

1st Trade Short based on 1 min volume stop run. Really wanted a LL but did not get it, anchor chart way too strong and UTL held.

2nd Trade Long initiated
    3rd Trade Long reinforced
    4th Trade Last add

Blue line = Stop after first target was achieved.

Oh and hello :D

Anek

#6298     May 15, 2008
  9. ..and the anchor chart for the big pic.

Anek

#6299     May 15, 2008
  10. Someone deleted some threads and that took my post count down must regain my beloved Rush number.

Anek

#6300     May 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.